When we lose hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Wasn't there rumours that boro wanted phillips and they wanted to pay cash plus adomah?

I'd take that all day long but I might be wrong. My memory is shocking lol
    I think that ship has sailed mate

Comment

This is why I wish Petrasso was getting more of a look, I know he started a couple of matches under NW and was fairly average but having seen him play in Olympic Qualifying matches he was the best player on the pitch most of the time and looked a real threat running at defenders! He may be part of the answer to the question, I just think we need to see more of him to have a better idea if he is or not!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Fully expect the club to offload both Hoilett and Phillips this summer as part of the wage bill trimming

I'm dissapointed in both of them, Phillips for not destroying this league which he is capable of, and Hoilett for showing us how good he could have been for the past 3 years but didn't bother

El Khayati looks like a great replacement for Hoilett, Harriot certainly looked a prospect on Saturday doing what we expect Phillips to do and would be worth a punt for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
          Although he has clearly been poor recently, Phillips does still get goals and assists, so wouldnt say he isnt effecting games.
          This, yet some seem to expect him to produce the goods every game.
          Seriously, if he was capable of being great or even good, every game he would be playing for a top side and not QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Seriously, if he was capable of being great or even good, every game he would be playing for a top side and not QPR.
            He has the attitude of a player that thinks he should be. That's the problem.

He's done ok. Just ok. Capable of much more in all areas.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Spot on. The expectation on Phillips is WAY over the top IMO.

Comment

I don't think the expectations of philips are over the top at all. He could of done a lot better than he has this year because he's capable of it.

Some decent teams have been interested in him for a reason. Not world beaters but steady mid table prem clubs and thats because he's shown he is capable of performing at the top level. The club just overpriced him and quite right to. However I think with 1 year to go on his deal we will have no choce to seel him for 5/6 mill in the summer and I honestly think he will go to a WBA, Bournemouth or possibly one of the teams who get promoted.

Poor attitude from him this season means most weeks we are only seeing 60-70% of his capabilities. A fit Matty phillips with desire in this league would be sitting on double the amount of goals he's got right now and much more assists. However he just looks like he's coasting until he gets the move away from the club and that's he clearly wants.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Poor attitude from him this season means most weeks we are only seeing 60-70% of his capabilities. A fit Matty phillips with desire in this league would be sitting on double the amount of goals he's got right now and much more assists. However he just looks like he's coasting until he gets the move away from the club and that's he clearly wants.
                  Have to agree to disagree because for Matt Phillips to be on 16 goals and, I'm assuming double the 8 assists he has got is, IMO, a hefty expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Have to agree to disagree because for Matt Phillips to be on 16 goals and, I'm assuming double the 8 assists he has got is, IMO, a hefty expectation.
                    The issue is that fans want a reason to criticise someone. Now, I agree that he could do a bit more but expecting a winger to get 16 goals and lets say 12 assists, that's like expecting him to be the best player in the Championship when he's not even the focal point of the team's attacks. He's probably not happy to be in this league either, but he's never been the hard tackling going in for everything sort of player and people want to criticise him for something he can't be. He's still been very good on 2nd gear but we'll see what happens in the summer, if he doesn't leave, I expect him to sign a new contract and start getting more.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thats the thing though. He's played this season barely out of 1st or 2nd gear and has 8 goals.

Think about the chances he has wasted this season and you should be adding at least 3 or 4 more goals to his tally. If the lad got his head down and played to his ability then he is easily one of the best players in the league and imo could of got near 15 goals this seasons.

He just doesn't want it enough this year. But that is my opinion and I personally rate the lad and think on his day he's a class act.
                      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 12-04-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X