bye bye blackwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bye bye blackwood

he's joined arizona united (no... me neither)

I liked the look of him, very disapointed he didn't get a chance

Comment

Not even the MLS.

Shocking standard he has moved to. But I imagine will have a pretty decent life living out there.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Not even the MLS.

Shocking standard he has moved to. But I imagine will have a pretty decent life living out there.
        what are they maids? second div?

Comment

I think so mate. Its all the b teams of most of the current mls teams plus a few random ones.

It might give him a platform eventually to better things over there though.

Comment

Ah ok. think from memory he started off at a club over there. Doubt you even earn a living at that standard.

best of luck to him, never made any sort of impression here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              Ah ok. think from memory he started off at a club over there. Doubt you even earn a living at that standard.

best of luck to him, never made any sort of impression here.
              Yeah he came from a university side I believe. I reckon he will be on 25-30k a year top for that type of standard.

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...d-3033869.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  what are they maids? second div?
                  Third division actually
                  You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Promising player, it didnt work, good luck to him. Happy that the club spotted him in the first place, its how gems are eventually found.

Comment

1) that is a terrible standard. considering MLS is already WOEFULLY POOR
                      2) 25-30k that a previous poster quoted is surely not in £, because that would be a really good living in Arizona.
                      3) also, I want to correct maids saying "pretty good life over there". There are so many racists and government implemented racist policies in the state of Arizona, I wouldn't wish a move there for my worst enemy.

its even terrible in Arizona for white folk: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...z&ocid=ieslice
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Took a youngster on, was a bit surprised as he failed in the lower leagues here, however a low risk chance and it didn't work out, not bothered it's not like having another SWP sitting out a huge contract.

Comment

To be honest I think we signed this guy on a roll of the dice as he'd scored a a few goals on trial playing for the EDS and reserves.

You have to look at the facts here, youth at Barnet, signed a football scholarship in the US having not done enough in England to impress scouts of any big sides. Performed very well in a pretty poor standard of football in the US. Came back to England looking for a club, performed very well for our reserves and won a contract but was overlooked on the whole by Ramsey, Warnock and Jimmy. Also went out on loan to Newport and was only selected 3 times in a month, Newport chose not to renew his loan.

Let's face it, the guy probably isn't good enough to play at this level. He is probably a very solid Div 3 player I reckon. You can't get too carried away by goals for the reserves, it is a much lower standard of football and you're playing on the whole against guys that aren't physically developed yet.

I wish Blackwood good luck but I very much doubt we'll see him popping up for Championship side or higher any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            To be honest I think we signed this guy on a roll of the dice as he'd scored a a few goals on trial playing for the EDS and reserves.

You have to look at the facts here, youth at Barnet, signed a football scholarship in the US having not done enough in England to impress scouts of any big sides. Performed very well in a pretty poor standard of football in the US. Came back to England looking for a club, performed very well for our reserves and won a contract but was overlooked on the whole by Ramsey, Warnock and Jimmy. Also went out on loan to Newport and was only selected 3 times in a month, Newport chose not to renew his loan.

Let's face it, the guy probably isn't good enough to play at this level. He is probably a very solid Div 3 player I reckon. You can't get too carried away by goals for the reserves, it is a much lower standard of football and you're playing on the whole against guys that aren't physically developed yet.

I wish Blackwood good luck but I very much doubt we'll see him popping up for Championship side or higher any time soon.
                            True, and in all honesty was nevergood enough tobe at QPR yet some on here though he'd be good enough, despite the career stats he had.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              True, and in all honesty was nevergood enough tobe at QPR yet some on here though he'd be good enough, despite the career stats he had.
                              I'm not saying that we've had the best managers in the world here in recent years, but I think when more than one manager in succession overlook a player you have to respect the opinion of professionals that have taken a close look at the player and chosen not to select him!

Comment

Working...
                              X