Hall or Jagielka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall or Jagielka?

Following on from a dismal WC Jagielka was pony again tonight. Our boy is a better Centre Back....

True but he won't be anywhere near the team unless he leaves us or we get promoted and stay up. Shawcross and Morgan should be given chances. I would say that I think Smithies would be our most England ready if anyone had to play. Hart, Butland, Forster, Heaton, Foster and if I haven't missed anyone then I would say Smithies. But sadly due to the sniliarity in ages and the quality we have in that position, he won't get a chance unless someone retires or has major.injury crisis.

Comment

Come on guys we have no players in or squad who are England quality

Comment

Neither has England judging from most of those chosen last night compared with Germany match team

Comment

Hall is a great lad and one of our top players this term but Jaggy is a proven year on year defender.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Jagielka streets ahead, however he is on the decline with his best years behind him, whilst Hall is an up and coming player with a big future ahead of him. That said, I don't think Hall will ever be an England international.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

An interesting question is given the choice would you have Hall or JAGIELKA

Bear in mind ages!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Jagielka streets ahead, however he is on the decline with his best years behind him, whilst Hall is an up and coming player with a big future ahead of him. That said, I don't think Hall will ever be an England international.

Comment

Jags isn't the greatest player anymore but is still ahead of Hall. All of our centerbacks are pretty #### atm, Stones is a bit inconsistent whilst Cahill is consistently average. On the bright side, at least our attacking options are among the best in the world!

Comment

Have to agree cb position at the moment is our biggest weakness. I just hope Hodgson has the balls to play either the 11 he did against Germany or pretty much the same 9/10 players who started that game throughout the tournament.

He keeps banging on about being loyal to the players who have done it before like wilshire, milner and rooney but the balance for the game againstt Germany was pretty spot on. The only two positions Id make a case for would be if he's desperate to play rooney then you drop lallana and at rb you could argue putting walker in above clyne purely for his understanding with dier and kane in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                      Shawcross and Morgan should be given chances.
                      Except that Wes Morgan plays for Jamaica...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

He keeps banging on about being loyal to the players who have done it before like wilshire, milner and rooney but the balance for the game againstt Germany was pretty spot on. The only two positions Id make a case for would be if he's desperate to play rooney then you drop lallana and at rb you could argue putting walker in above clyne purely for his understanding with dier and kane in the team.
                          What have they done before, apart from flop at major tournaments? I'd argue that the team against Germany would also have had a 100% win record in qualifying. Its been 50 YEARS now since we won the WC, time to try something different. Whats the worse that could happen, we go out in the groups? Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            What have they done before, apart from flop at major tournaments? I'd argue that the team against Germany would also have had a 100% win record in qualifying. Its been 50 YEARS now since we won the WC, time to try something different. Whats the worse that could happen, we go out in the groups? Been there, done that.
                            100% agree mate. Its not like these players have done it at a major tournament.

Guess his argument is they got us through qualifying with a 100% record. I just think the emergence of the spurs 4 need to be fast tracked into the starting 11 personally ahead of the likes of wilshire, henderson and possibly rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Oops didnt know that. Thanks for the info. Pleased he isnt just in the international wilderness like some unfashionable players.

Comment

Working...
                              X