QPR Players @ Preston Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR Players @ Preston Station

The squad travelled back on the train. Matty was amongst them (injured his back in training on Friday)

Nice to see an injured player travel with the squad.

Managed to have a 5 minute conversation with Clint.

Says his deal is up in the summer and he hasn't had any talks about a new deal yet.

What do you think will happen, 1 year contract or coaching role?

Personally think Clint just moves into coaching regardless, right player to have at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      Personally think Clint just moves into coaching regardless, right player to have at the club.
      Thought he would have retired when Derry did but still carries on year after year and has never let us down

The one player who without doubt deserves some kind of role at QPR when he does decide to hang his boots up

Comment

I really hope we find a position somewhere on the coaching staff for Clint, sweats blue and white and important role model imo
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Legend IMO

Comment

Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
            The squad travelled back on the train. Matty was amongst them (injured his back in training on Friday)

Nice to see an injured player travel with the squad.

Managed to have a 5 minute conversation with Clint.

Says his deal is up in the summer and he hasn't had any talks about a new deal yet.

What do you think will happen, 1 year contract or coaching role?
            Both defo should be retained as a player so as he can play alongside the younger players in the reserves and should be given a coaching role

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Legend IMO
              Totally agree, Clint may not be the most skillful player to wear the shirt but what a player he has been time after time with manager after manager looking to bin him off only to realize the mans importance to both the squad and the team! If it were up to me he would already have a player/coach contract sorted.

Comment

Can see Clint Hill being a v.good gaffer somewhere.

Can see him in the mold of a Gary Rowett - Average player, decent manager with morals.

Comment

Should only be given a role if he is a good coach, not on past playing performances.

Comment

never fault this fella always gives his all , it's got to rub off on some of the others

Comment

I'd want us to keep him on the coaching staff for as long as possible tbh, before he wants to move on to management. Just to have his character about the place is a big bonus for us.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                        Should only be given a role if he is a good coach, not on past playing performances.
                        spot on. Does amaze me when people demand we keep him on in a coaching role and it would be sacrificial to let him leave the club. Not one thought spared that is he actually going to be a good coach. I personally have no idea if he is or not, or what courses he has taken, but for me when he hangs his boots up, you can only offer him a job at the club based on how well he is able to perform that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          spot on. Does amaze me when people demand we keep him on in a coaching role and it would be sacrificial to let him leave the club. Not one thought spared that is he actually going to be a good coach. I personally have no idea if he is or not, or what courses he has taken, but for me when he hangs his boots up, you can only offer him a job at the club based on how well he is able to perform that role.
                          I think you also have to take into account his influence on players at the club. I think we can all agree that he is Mr. QPR right now and having him at the club is a benefit without a doubt.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                            I think he has taken what he needs of badges now, already. Feel free to arrest me if I´m wrong.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X