Old Oak Common latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    I've been spending a lot of time in the Willesden/Harlesden area recently. There's a massive plot of land called "Heathrow Train Care Facility" on the other side of the canal opposite Car Giant. I don't understand why we can't buy that and build a stadium? Is that the land that Car Giant own?
    Yes we could, the land that makes up OOC is huge and Car Giant only own a portion of that. OOC will be developed in stages over a number of years, however the land CG own now will be the first to be redeveloped, which is why everyone wants to get in there now.

Comment

• From what I understand…

That (Heathrow train) land is located in the North part of Old Oak which is going to be the "Mini Manhattan/Canary Wharf", that's where the BIG money will be… I doubt it very much that there will be a stadium there.

Its clear the CG land is defo going to be developed first and the majority of it will be houses/residential. It looks like the council own a small section of the land where CG want to build their museum (As per Lee Hoos) and we want to build the stadium. I think its clear that the area will need something to bring people to the area, this is in all the studies carried out by the government, E.G No one wants it to be a big housing estate… so that looks like the angle which TF&CO thought that we could get in the development, with the stadium being the “catalyst of the regeneration”, hence why CG are putting a museum in there.

It looks like the land owned by the council isn't big enough to build a stadium on or maybe just big enough to build a smaller stadium on, BUT no houses to offset the cost of a stadium/pay for it (Bar the new flats which will be built at Loftus Road) which is what TF&CO want.

Reading the comments in here there’s a lot of "CG are just trying to get as much money as possible then sell it to QPR", “They’re not real fans”, "There will be back handers" or “they will be CPO'd”.

Take your blue and white hat off for a minute and think about it.

If they (CG) are trying to bump up the price then sell it to QPR, why would they sell it to QPR? Surely some Arab family, Chinese business or huge property developer would outbid us, and I doubt very much London & Regional would be involved with CG if they weren't building the development. London & Regional build cities, they're worth Billions

The CPO argument looks non-existent to me, how can the government justify CPO'ing a willing developer of land they own (With millions of pounds of tax payer’s money) who's meeting the required development plan (E.G building houses) so that a developer/football club can build less houses with a stadium? There would be no legal case for this, read up on a CPO's. No matter how many fans want a stadium I'd bet there would be a lot more local residents, politicians, dog walkers etc… who don't want a stadium let alone a stadium over houses

The “Cargiant are not real fans” argument is comical to say the least, I’d just comment by saying TF is a self-confessed West Ham Fan and Ruben whatever his name is obviously grew up in the White City estate and his granddad obviously took him to his first home game in the 1970’s!

I'd say a stadium will only happen if we get another area in Old Oak/Park royal which we can offset the costs by building houses (e.G Upset a load of other smaller businesses!) on OR if we are offered land big enough to build a stadium and the owners pay for the stadium with their money and the development of Loftus Road.

Either way, this will take YEARS!!!

Comment

• Can't see us getting a stadium at Old Oak either when you read all about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by W3QPRHA4 View Post
          From what I understand…

That (Heathrow train) land is located in the North part of Old Oak which is going to be the "Mini Manhattan/Canary Wharf", that's where the BIG money will be… I doubt it very much that there will be a stadium there.

Its clear the CG land is defo going to be developed first and the majority of it will be houses/residential. It looks like the council own a small section of the land where CG want to build their museum (As per Lee Hoos) and we want to build the stadium. I think its clear that the area will need something to bring people to the area, this is in all the studies carried out by the government, E.G No one wants it to be a big housing estate… so that looks like the angle which TF&CO thought that we could get in the development, with the stadium being the “catalyst of the regeneration”, hence why CG are putting a museum in there.

It looks like the land owned by the council isn't big enough to build a stadium on or maybe just big enough to build a smaller stadium on, BUT no houses to offset the cost of a stadium/pay for it (Bar the new flats which will be built at Loftus Road) which is what TF&CO want.

Reading the comments in here there’s a lot of "CG are just trying to get as much money as possible then sell it to QPR", “They’re not real fans”, "There will be back handers" or “they will be CPO'd”.

Take your blue and white hat off for a minute and think about it.

If they (CG) are trying to bump up the price then sell it to QPR, why would they sell it to QPR? Surely some Arab family, Chinese business or huge property developer would outbid us, and I doubt very much London & Regional would be involved with CG if they weren't building the development. London & Regional build cities, they're worth Billions

The CPO argument looks non-existent to me, how can the government justify CPO'ing a willing developer of land they own (With millions of pounds of tax payer’s money) who's meeting the required development plan (E.G building houses) so that a developer/football club can build less houses with a stadium? There would be no legal case for this, read up on a CPO's. No matter how many fans want a stadium I'd bet there would be a lot more local residents, politicians, dog walkers etc… who don't want a stadium let alone a stadium over houses

The “Cargiant are not real fans” argument is comical to say the least, I’d just comment by saying TF is a self-confessed West Ham Fan and Ruben whatever his name is obviously grew up in the White City estate and his granddad obviously took him to his first home game in the 1970’s!

I'd say a stadium will only happen if we get another area in Old Oak/Park royal which we can offset the costs by building houses (e.G Upset a load of other smaller businesses!) on OR if we are offered land big enough to build a stadium and the owners pay for the stadium with their money and the development of Loftus Road.

Either way, this will take YEARS!!!
          A well reasoned post. Agree CPO looks a weak option for QPR as CG have themselves put forward plans for regeneration. That's where CG have been smart. If they simply said to QPR a big NO, we are staying where we are and we don't support regeneration to the area then QPR would be front runners as CPO would then be a viable option.
          i really don't know why CG and QPR didn't work together on this project. I would love to know what really happened. My gut feeling is QPR bulldozed in and CG took offence. This probably resulted in CG digging their heals in and now doing everything possible to thwart QPRs plans.

At the time that the club pronounced plans for a new stadium, we were being run like a child in a candy shop. All those massive pointless contracts to players no one else wanted...just summed up our mindset that money could achieve anything. The club probably stormed into the OOC project in a similar vein ...unfortunately unlike on the playing side when no one questioned the vision...CG off the pitch simply refused to play ball.

For the stakes being so high, I just wish we can work together. Both parties want regeneration and CG do have a history with the club. QPR could name a stand or car park after CG ..The boards contacts overseas could help to expand CGs operations abroad...working together could be so mutually beneficial. Unfortunately, egos have now taken over and neither side appears to want to budge.

Comment

• Let's just buy the Linford Christie stadium and redevelop that instead. In between LR and OOC. Perfect size. Massive gravel car park next to it. Won't impinge on the Scrubs. Win win.

Comment

• QPR submit plans for housing

R Block QPR @R_Block_QPR
              #QPR submits plans for housing development | Development Finance Today http://www.developmentfinancetoday.c...ng-development
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• So does that mean they own the land. Not sure what strategic means in this context.

Comment

• As early as the autumn
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Not one to post rumours (check my history!)

A mate of mine whose work mean he crosses paths with Ruben told me a month ago 'he is not fu***** about' when it comes to the Old Oak development. Also said there are no guarantees he will get what he wants but it won't be for lack of trying / investment. I know there is a lot of scepticism amongst fans regarding the owners ability to deliver the training ground / new stadium but having spoke to my mate I felt pretty reassured they were determined to get it done. This article states 'The football club has acquired strategic land interests throughout the Old Oak regeneration area', and that's pretty much what I was told, he was doing it on the hush to stop prices becoming inflated. Time will tell I guess and I'm not even convinced I want us to leave Loftus, but I think a lot is going on behind the scenes it just takes ages to get anything done due to planning, red tape etc

Comment

• Originally posted by roller25 View Post
                      Not one to post rumours (check my history!)

A mate of mine whose work mean he crosses paths with Ruben told me a month ago 'he is not fu***** about' when it comes to the Old Oak development. Also said there are no guarantees he will get what he wants but it won't be for lack of trying / investment. I know there is a lot of scepticism amongst fans regarding the owners ability to deliver the training ground / new stadium but having spoke to my mate I felt pretty reassured they were determined to get it done. This article states 'The football club has acquired strategic land interests throughout the Old Oak regeneration area', and that's pretty much what I was told, he was doing it on the hush to stop prices becoming inflated. Time will tell I guess and I'm not even convinced I want us to leave Loftus, but I think a lot is going on behind the scenes it just takes ages to get anything done due to planning, red tape etc
                      Nobody is, nobody wants it, but it has to happen.

Comment

• Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I really hope there is truth in the report, we need some positive movement on a new development.

Outside the Emirates the housing is fairly cheap (compared with luxurious builds) and easy to construct and in keeping with the surrounding area
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Residents have already started to lodge objections to a football stadium so it won't be without a bumpy road

Comment

• TF done a live Facebook walk round yesterday of stadium and was in the offices where he introduced one man as the guy sorting out the new stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                              I want it to hsppen��

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                                I want it to happen mate, think the club needs to grow at all levels to have long term success and the stadium is an absolute must. Seen people who are saying Newcastle won't get farked because of their stadium size yet are the same people who don't want us to leave and I don't get it. Love Loftus Road and all the memories and I hope the new stadium irrespective of size will keep the acoustic setup as strong.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X