Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was JFH's thinking behind the substitution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was JFH's thinking behind the substitution?

I thought Chery was having a good game and didn't deserve to come off. Khayati on the other hand was poor IMO and should have been pulled instead. I understand he switched to a 4-4-2 because we'd gone a goal down at that stage, but Chery had been pulling the strings, only for our play and shape to get worse following the change. So anyone care to enlighten me there?

On the plus side I thought Smithies, Angella, Henry and Luongo (my MOTM) were all excellent. Smithies is a genius at penalty saves - I've noticed how he gets in the ear of the penalty-taker before the kick, then the ref orders him back to his line. I'd love to know what he says to the kicker.

I will imagine it is probably fitness issues with Chery, I expect that is partially why he hasn't played as much as he should. Luongo is really playing well now, really making that position his for the rest of this and now next season. Smithies has turned into a great buy, I imagine he puts doubt in their mind. I read about Krul saving penalties at the world cup and he said he said something along the lines of i know where you will put it. Seems to work plus also helps if you are good at saving penalties.

Comment

My mate came with me who is a Liverpool fan said he thought Luongo was best player on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
        I will imagine it is probably fitness issues with Chery, I expect that is partially why he hasn't played as much as he should. Luongo is really playing well now, really making that position his for the rest of this and now next season. Smithies has turned into a great buy, I imagine he puts doubt in their mind. I read about Krul saving penalties at the world cup and he said he said something along the lines of i know where you will put it. Seems to work plus also helps if you are good at saving penalties.
        Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        My mate came with me who is a Liverpool fan said he thought Luongo was best player on the pitch.
        Fully agree with you both

Comment

Working...
        X