Last Summer signings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Summer signings.

We were all so very happy by the win against Birmingham. Well executed. Disciplined performance with some good football. Looking at the players that took part, seven did arrived last Summer, with very little money spent. Smithies, Perch, Angella, Hall, Luongo, Cherry, Polter....not to mention the January signings of Washington and Nasser. Just get you wonder that Les and co are doing something right after all. We were struggling with the established players earning huge money. This does not mean that we will win all remaining games. However, there were so many positives from the last three games that I am feeling much more relaxed about the future now.

Agreed and it was always going to take more than one season to complete the job both in terms of moving people on and getting new ones in.

As fans we also need to be more patient with players. Took Perch a while to settle for instance but have been pretty impressed with him. Both Chery and Polter new to the country and English league. Hall a real find, for which we probably mainly have to thank the much maligned CR.

Will be ups and downs but I do feel we have the nucleus of a half decent side.

Comment

The club acted sensibly to retain Chris Ramsay. He didn't make a go of the manager's job, but you only have to look at the current Spurs side, riding high in the league to see the results of his work. To have let one of the best youth team coaches in the country go would have been madness. We've been pretty good at madness in the past....maybe things are changing!

Comment

as expected, this thread is contending for shortest of the year. the OP might've gotten some traction with his praise for #evilLes, but Furtive's follow up giving praise to #ramsh1te #thegymTeacher confirmed that this thread had no hope of surviving!

optimism and praise is not allowed on WATRB, come on guys!!!
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

The work put in by the staff - Hoos, Les, the analysts, scouts, CR, etc should be praised. For some reason people complain about it here. Scouts always say that a 70% success rate is what you should be aiming for (according to the book "The Nowhere Men"). It only takes a look at the signings and outgoings from last summer to see that we have been successful in recruitment this season.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            We were all so very happy by the win against Birmingham. Well executed. Disciplined performance with some good football. Looking at the players that took part, seven did arrived last Summer, with very little money spent. Smithies, Perch, Angella, Hall, Luongo, Cherry, Polter....not to mention the January signings of Washington and Nasser. Just get you wonder that Les and co are doing something right after all. We were struggling with the established players earning huge money. This does not mean that we will win all remaining games. However, there were so many positives from the last three games that I am feeling much more relaxed about the future now.
            Really good post. I think the positive is that these are new recruits who seem to be finding their feet. I expect the team we have at present to be a top 12 team next year. However 4 or 5 shrewd more signings could really see us challenge for a top 6 place.

When you see teams like Birmingham flying high you know theres a decent chance to build something.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Really good post. I think the positive is that these are new recruits who seem to be finding their feet. I expect the team we have at present to be a top 12 team next year. However 4 or 5 shrewd more signings could really see us challenge for a top 6 place.

When you see teams like Birmingham flying high you know theres a decent chance to build something.
              Top post mate, and martinmalta's too.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Thing key think we need to add is pace we still look slow across the ground in comparison to others

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Thing key think we need to add is pace we still look slow across the ground in comparison to others
                  Totally agree about adding pace.
                  QPR currently are a bit too focussed on being hard to beat but clearly need 3 or 4 players who can break at pace. Otherwise theyveill continue to churn out dull low scoring games often ending in draws.

Comment

Working...
                  X