Polter was through on goal and only keeper between him and the goal

Thought the rule was that's automatic red. Did player even get booked

S hit Prem ref........

Comment

I think he got booked.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        I think he got booked.
        Yeah he did but should have gone really, but in a way glad he didn't cos was better to beat a full 11 which we did quite easily.

Thought the ref was pretty poor today, the one when we broke away 4 v 2 and he called it back to book their player was shocking. Just book him when the ball's out of play next, pretty basic really. Kept giving fouls for the slightest touch too.

Comment

Didn't understand advantage rule, should have given red for the pen, should have given red to Donaldson for moving his hand to Perch's face, kept giving them ridiculous free kick calls. Just a standard day watching a ref try and ruin a QPR match.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think it's yellow and a penalty or red and no penalty (outside the box).

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              I think it's yellow and a penalty or red and no penalty (outside the box).
              Thats not the case mate. If its last man its a red irrespective of where the offence takes place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Thats not the case mate. If its last man its a red irrespective of where the offence takes place.
                That I know is 100 % not true. You have to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity. If the last man is for example near corner flag its not a red card.

Comment

He wasn't near the corner flag though,he was steaming in on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    That I know is 100 % not true. You have to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity. If the last man is for example near corner flag its not a red card.
                    For the sake of being pedantic you are right. But i was alluding to your strange point of if its in the box its only a yellow but if its outside its a red. Thats not the case

Comment

Clumsy I thought. A pen and a yellow was about right.

Comment

Quite simple the ref bottled clean through with only keeper to beat had to be red but his ar$e went in front of their fans

Comment

No red 'cos the OP wasn't reffing

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            For the sake of being pedantic you are right. But i was alluding to your strange point of if its in the box its only a yellow but if its outside its a red. Thats not the case
                            Yes, you're right. Honestly I'm quite confused, don't know where I got that. Maybe the hand-ball situation (hand but goal=yellow, not goal=red).

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Clumsy I thought. A pen and a yellow was about right.
                              You're right and let's be honest here Polter 'won' that penno.. If one of their strikers had done what Polter did we'd all be up in arms so a red would've been far too harsh..

Comment

Working...
                              X