Concerns.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns.....

I agree with everyone it was a truly awful performance and there is no getting away from it, to lose to the Rupert's by another pasting is a bitter pill and another low in what is an awful season. BUT we cannot keep calling for our managers head after 13 games, up till Saturday there was significant improvement in the previous five games. However our squad now looks and is weak, without Ale on Saturday O'Hara and Parker were just too strong and rolled our midfield over. Frustrating to see Doughty playing well for Swindon who I really believe is better cover for Luongo and Faurlin than Tozer who just is not good enough. I coach kids who can cross a ball in windy conditions better than him. It is either over or under hit and just wastes so many of our dead ball chances. For me the jury is out on JFH but he needs time, there are worse sides than us below us and for that we will and should be safe.

What concerns me is that the sides likely to come down will be so strong next season plus they will have the new TV money and if it is Villa and Newcastle will be nailed on to return and then that leaves the rest of the championship playing for one spot. It is looking like a long wait to return to the top flight and our current squad is mid table...at best. Maybe that is what we are and what our new ethic is to be just be a solid championship club.

Originally posted by RodwasGod View Post
    What concerns me is that the sides likely to come down will be so strong next season plus they will have the new TV money and if it is Villa and Newcastle will be nailed on to return and then that leaves the rest of the championship playing for one spot.
    I would imagine that even our current side would get 6 points off Villa....absolutely woeful. As for Newcastle, can you honestly see their "better" players staying for the Championship?

Comment

On Saturday we got caught out big time with Fulham playing a new system and by the time JFH could ultimately influence it we found ourselves 3-0 down, could easily have been 5 down. Probably should have brought on Henry after 25 mins when it was clear we were being over run but how popular would that have been. Think we have to look at last Saturday as a bad day in the office and hope the previous 5 games to that were more the direction we are heading now. The fact it was Fulham we had a bad day against just made it more unbearable to the fans, especially with our recent record against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Probably should have brought on Henry after 25 mins when it was clear we were being over run but how popular would that have been.
        In hindsight we needed Henry from the start, but if we'd have lost with him in the first XI that would have just been the icing on the cake for his haters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I would imagine that even our current side would get 6 points off Villa....absolutely woeful. As for Newcastle, can you honestly see their "better" players staying for the Championship?
          Absolutely. There is certainly no guarantee Villa will be going straight back up.

Comment

Likewise us ! we ain't going down this season but anybody is ruling it out the possibility over the next 2=3 seasons the way we are going is a mug

Comment

Working...
            X