No announcement yet.

Sol Campbell........short term deal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sol Campbell........short term deal....

His agent is touting to get Sol a short term deal (either to January or the end of the season - depends on cash) with a Championship club - preferably in London or within easy commute of London.

So......

Would you??????????? Personally can't stand the cad but would add to the team

We're playing ok at the back to be honest, but then again he would add depth to the side especially as Connolly & Hall are out.

Comment

No way hasn't played enough football would command 1st team football in his contract and for that reason no way

Comment

all depends.. personally id only have him on our terms:

if connolly is out for season and he isnt asking for stupid wages
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I would but wouldn't his wages be 40k plus a week??
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

If he got fit, physically and mentally... yes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
              I would but wouldn't his wages be 40k plus a week??
              Not for this contract....apparently.

Comment

not a chance.......not trustworthy now...one game wonder

Comment

His wages would be a stumbling block, imo he isnt as amazing as arry redknapp makes him out to be...

Albeit saying that with connolly out if another cb gets injured we could fall a little short.

Also i dont think we can waste our time waiting for him to get fit, those mistakes he might make due to fitness could cost us promotion at the end of the season. And what would he care come January or the summer when he then signs for someone else.
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Never been a big of fan of Sol Campbell the person and even on the pitch he gives the appearance that hie doesnt really care.But footballing ability - short term not silly wages etc...of course it would be a good idea.We have a good defence but no real leader and i think he could add to that.

Comment

Is he with Base Soccer?
                      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

i'd deffo sign him
                        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                          Is he with Base Soccer?
                          Used to be Sky Andrew (utter utter bellend) - think he now handles himself *cough* or through the PFA - not sure tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            Used to be Sky Andrew (utter utter bellend) - think he now handles himself *cough* or through the PFA - not sure tbh
                            Ahhhh, Sol and Sky........ I reckon they *did*.

Comment

Depends on a couple of things - finances and disruption to the team. Would he cost the earth and his salary eat into the January budget? Would he demand to start and therefore disrupt/annoy the team balance?

Comment

Working...
                              X