• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does starting Polter and Mackie show that JFH is

Totally clueless?

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    Totally clueless?
    Not clueless but it was a very poor and naive decision which I really hope he's learnt from.

Starting Hoilett ahead of Khayati was another mistake too IMO.

Chery also needs to start from now on. Weird how he was about to bring him on at 60 mins then suddenly changed his mind and waited until 75 mins.

Comment

Very perplexing, some of this lot should have just played themselves out of further contention for starts!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

He wants to give his whole squad a chance. Not sure it paid off today.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Not clueless but it was a very poor and naive decision which I really hope he's learnt from.

Chery also needs to start from now on. Weird how he was about to bring him on at 60 mins then suddenly changed his mind and waited until 75 mins.
          hindsight.

Comment

Perhaps the dumba ss thought we'd weathered the storm....

Comment

So didn't Washington not train all week and only just passed as fit yesterday/today? Seems to me that JFH felt it might be better to have him on the bench rather than risk him from the start.

What other options up front were there?

Comment

Easy to be wise after the event. Washington wasn't fit enough to start whereas Mackie was clearly raring to go. He chased everything as we expect but to little effect. I'm afraid that Polter is an impact sub at best. He is useful when the opponents are hanging on and surrendering midfield to defend a situation. He doesn't have the skill to hold up play to turn defence into attack. Hopefully JFH learned a lot from today.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  hindsight.
                  Correct, apart from the fact I said so as soon as the team was announced!

Comment

I think it shows our striker options are shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                      I think it shows our striker options are shocking.
                      And our midfield and defence.

Comment

Think Tozer played an awful pass again, and he thought he would get pelted taking Phillips off ! So changed his mind for 10 mins.

Comment

Correct, apart from the fact I said so as soon as the team was announced!
                          Really? That's rather surprising as Hoilett has been our top three player last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Really?
                            Yes, believe it or not!

Comment

Jimmy looked embarrassed and shell shocked in the post match interview. Humbled, too. Am no fan, but that could be a positive. Suspect, however, he is too slow a learner.

Comment

Working...
                              X