Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange team selection:I accept we have/had to get expenditure down because of FFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange team selection:I accept we have/had to get expenditure down because of FFP

with the threat of possible sanctions, but very strange starting eleven even without Faurlin. Henry and Chery would have been definites for me. And haven't we got ANY left backs with more pace than Konchesky fit? Toszer is finished and should never have started let alone played 90 mins. Phillips should have played the striker role. Mackie and Polter together just means we hand possession back to our opponents time after time. Let's just hope JFH proves astute in the next transfer window. There's a midfielder at Walsall, I forget his name, I think would do a good job, and Kemar Roofe if we can afford him looks hugely promising. Khayati offers some hope for the future as does Grant Hall, Washington (don't think hes fully fit) and Smithies, but that's about it.

so you want Henry as a starter and Philips as striker? sort of the opposite of what everyone has been saying here over the last few months

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      so you want Henry as a starter and Philips as striker? sort of the opposite of what everyone has been saying here over the last few months
      People's opinions are always altered in hindsight. We call out for a particular change and then when it goes wrong, we want to revert to something else. The style of players are the same, they are just not as good in one case and not as good or committed in the other (I'm talking regarding Mackie and Tosspot)
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
      X