Defend the defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend the defenders

I took stick by lot of fans on here when I said the defence is weak. A lot saying this is one of our best defence for about 10 years. Well be proud of them defenders today. They surely helped your case!!!
    Anyway I'm sticking to my statement that our defence is weak. No depth to it whatsoever.
    'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Hall and Konchesky were shocking for that third goal. Just watch their reaction as the ball comes off the post.

Comment

Some of the defending has been woeful and konchesky clearly shouldn't still be playing at this level but the space in the middle of the park for them to run onto the centre half's is Sunday league stuff
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Everyone thinks Onuoha is our legendary defender. Compare him to legends like Danny Maddox, Parker, McDonald and he is our Devon White of defenders. I rather have Shittu now then have Onuoha
        'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Jimmy the Joker can't use his bench. Idiot.

Comment

Our defence is poor. Very poor. If you look back last Saturday against Ipswich......even in a win, they should have drawn the game in the end due to our lack of good defending. Fulham looked a Premier club compared to us today.....and they are down there! Most of the current bunch of players we have are simply not good enough.

Comment

And yet some were asking if they could still make the playoffs��

Comment

The defence is overly reliant on cover from the midfield, something brought by Faurlin playing. As soon as you lose that, they have a whole lot more to deal with and get screwed. Simple as that today for me. What was it today, Toszer and Mackie come in and ignoring the cr ap we saw from Mackie, Tozser for me was the difference today. Incapable of playing football.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  The defence is overly reliant on cover from the midfield, something brought by Faurlin playing. As soon as you lose that, they have a whole lot more to deal with and get screwed. Simple as that today for me. What was it today, Toszer and Mackie come in and ignoring the cr ap we saw from Mackie, Tozser for me was the difference today. Incapable of playing football.
                  Agree, the defence gets no help from an over run midfield and Luongo can't escape criticism today - he was totally anonymous. I don't get the Luongo love-in that goes on. Nothing special for me. Luongo and ###### is an awful pairing. You all hate him but a local derby is a good time for Henry to get his foot in and break things up. It's said that we don't create anything with him in the side, but we don't create much anyway. A Championship side which relies on one man who is one more injury away from retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    Agree, the defence gets no help from an over run midfield and Luongo can't escape criticism today - he was totally anonymous. I don't get the Luongo love-in that goes on. Nothing special for me. Luongo and ###### is an awful pairing. You all hate him but a local derby is a good time for Henry to get his foot in and break things up. It's said that we don't create anything with him in the side, but we don't create much anyway. A Championship side which relies on one man who is one more injury away from retirement.
                    Agree 100% other then Mass I think he is a very decent player but he needs right players around him

Comment

Any team with Koncheskey and Perch in it will always concede goals. As for Ned - he's too inconsistent...inconsistent with the amount of good games he has!

Now Mackie? I detest the footballer. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's a waste of space. The day he left, the day I loved my club a little more; the day he came back was the day I knew we were buggered.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Agree 100% other then Mass I think he is a very decent player but he needs right players around him
                        Mass needs more freedom than he got today. This was down to two players forcing his caution in the form of Toszer and Konchesky, who were so far out of position that Mass had to stretch himself massively to cover and left gaping holes in the middle.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                        X