U21s lose in friendly to Barnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Really? Like, this is actually something you're worried about? The under 21's lose (ultimately these matches are more relevant to getting players fit again) and you think the club is having a culture of defeat set in place? C'mon mate haha.
    Itīs nevertheless his opinion, Nasser
    Itīs never a good thing for any Professional regardless of age to lose almost on a regularly basis. Look at what it did to our senior players? When you win matches it breeds confidence throughout the whole team, IMO. The reserve team is also there to feed the 1st team. At the moment they do not deliver. Hence; we now have to buy.
    Last edited by Shania; 13-02-2016, 11:20 AM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      I searched to try and find out what has happened to him. I couldn't even find him listed as a player on the qpr website.
      Last seen on a month's loan at Dagenham & Redbridge in November: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34490542

Presumably back at the club now. His contract is up in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        I noticed this and edited the post, see above.
        Ok, Thanks.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Really? Like, this is actually something you're worried about? The under 21's lose (ultimately these matches are more relevant to getting players fit again) and you think the club is having a culture of defeat set in place? C'mon mate haha.
          Plenty of managers who would disagree with that. When a club's performances have been as dire and directionless as ours have been - in general - since NW left first time around, despite massive investment, that is just not good enough. Especially in derby games under Ramsey we played like we were in a culture of defeat.

To right all this, there has to be a new attitude, from the bottom up. That includes the U21s. SAF for one hated the junior MU sides getting beat, same for arguably the greatest UK manager of them all - Shankly. No room for complacency.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Plenty of managers who would disagree with that. When a club's performances have been as dire and directionless as ours have been - in general - since NW left first time around, despite massive investment, that is just not good enough. Especially in derby games under Ramsey we played like we were in a culture of defeat.

To right all this, there has to be a new attitude, from the bottom up. That includes the U21s. SAF for one hated the junior MU sides getting beat, same for arguably the greatest UK manager of them all - Shankly. No room for complacency.
            Your right we keep hearing about a DNA and that should run throughout the club top to bottom. Reserves should see games as opportunity to show manager there good enough for first team and want to win

Comment

Our issue is the reserves that may make our first team are usually out on loan, Furlong, Comley, Kpekawa, Manning I think (I know back now) and the rest probably just aren't good enough. I know I keep saying it but I really hope Petrasso gets more opportunities, looks like a player that could be a good squad player.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

I put this to you, the remit at all Barcelona levels is to play football, not to win. Last season, the Barcelona B team (this is the level just below their first team) were relegated from the second division. Does that breed a losing culture? Of course not.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Then why call them under 21s ? If your going to use them to get 30 year olds fit I have no problem with friendly games to give players a run out , but I see a your view that this is a game to get players fit does not serve the best intentions of sending young fit players out to have a meaningless run out where competition isn't the ultimate aim , imo it's little wonder that so many modern day players give the opinion that they are passionless , ie Phillips Hoilet Traore SWP JET Jay Bothroyd are just a few that spring to mind .
                  You are probably to young to appreacate the old football combination competion to serve football where players of a winning mentality wanted to win the combination league
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 13-02-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I put this to you, the remit at all Barcelona levels is to play football, not to win. Last season, the Barcelona B team (this is the level just below their first team) were relegated from the second division. Does that breed a losing culture? Of course not.
                    No pun, but we are not Barcelona,nasser95. Barcelona can just buy themselves a new player if they need one..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

We we're doing good with Steve in charge, why do we mess things up?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Then why call them under 21s ?
                        What happened to the 'Elite Development Squad' EDS?

Comment

Working...
                        X