This year's transfer window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's transfer window.

It came to an end at last! So many rumours, so many false pretences. Should we be happy with the business done? In a way I say, yes. Way back in August of 2015, the club aimed to do what have just done now.....get rid of some of our high earners. So, now we will have to amend our target again. From stabilizing to promotion at all costs to stabilizing again! Now, that most of our top players have left, I cannot see us making a push for promotion. From now on, we should concentrate on re-building the team. The addition of Conor and Nasser, together with home again Kpekawa and the fit again Robinson, will see us doing exactly what we were supposed to be doing since relegation, stabilizing the team....both financially and in terms of young hungry players.
    Hope the outcome goes according to the plan. I said more then two months ago that we should forget about promotion. However, this will not give a club a divine right to gain promotion whenever feels comfortable. There are too many examples in the Championship atm to make you feel that promotion is not around the corner. The likes of Blackburn, Forest, Bolton, Leeds, Fulham, Reading etc etc will all be hoping to do just that. So, we have to be careful, very careful not to end up a championship club for the foreseeable future.

Have to say mainly agree. Had hoped we might have a punt at promotion but big players have not performed and squad too unbalanced. Hopefully players out on loan will do well and we will shift them permanently in summer. Diakite, Green and Traore (probably others) out of contract in the summer. Time will tell on new signings but like the feel of them.

We'll look a lot different for next season. Stabilise this season so we end season strongly. Be nice to have a team of players who want to be here as opposed to many wishing they were elsewhere.

Comment

It should be stated that we got Smithies, Hall, Chery, Loungo and Gladwin last summer and JET also
      We could build around some of them

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        It should be stated that we got Smithies, Hall, Chery, Loungo and Gladwin last summer and JET also
        And I forgot Polter

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
          Its the way forward for us now. Couldn't be much worse from the team with high earners. I think we are building something here....something positive for a change.

Comment

Working...
          X