A Question to those that believe we are rebuilding for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question to those that believe we are rebuilding for next season

When Warnock was first appointed as our manager there was an immediate change in our play in the sense of rebuilding for our promotion season all them years ago.

Apart from selling Austin buying league 1 ST and League 2 GK where is the sense of rebuilding to compete in the PL at the highest level?

Is the premier league really the be all and end all of football as we know it ?
    Is playing in any other division pointless ?
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

What is our club a 2nd tier champ club really?

Comment

are bournemouth really a premier league club?

Comment

Originally posted by imforeverqpr View Post
          When Warnock was first appointed as our manager there was an immediate change in our play in the sense of rebuilding for our promotion season all them years ago.

Apart from selling Austin buying league 1 ST and League 2 GK where is the sense of rebuilding to compete in the PL at the highest level?
          The team that Warnock had was good enough to win the Championship but not good enough for the premier, and Warnock did not do much rebuilding for the premier, SWP, Traore and Barton all on high wages spring to mind

Comment

Bournemouths team is full of ex league 1 players. So what. Doesn't matter what league they are in, if they are good enough sign em up. Matt Ritchie they signed from Swindon

Comment

And Harry Arter from Woking

Comment

The disappointment of yesterdays result proves the size of the job Jimmy Foyd has on his hands we have quite a few players not ready for the championship never mind about the prem, the 1st job on his hands is to build a descent championship side before he even attempts to think about a premier side

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  The disappointment of yesterdays result proves the size of the job Jimmy Foyd has on his hands we have quite a few players not ready for the championship never mind about the prem, the 1st job on his hands is to build a descent championship side before he even attempts to think about a premier side
                  Is yesterday's result really that disappointing? I'd say it only seems that way because we were winning for long stretch of it. 4 points from 6 against Wolves is something I'd take at the start of the season.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

NW/the board did everything to get us promoted to the Premiership (just like Redknapp/the board). There was no real thought/preparation/planning etc for life in the Prem... I get the feeling with JFH our aim is 1 day to get promoted, but 1st and foremost lets be prepared for it, hence the type of signings we're making
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Correct. He's inherited a mess. Some players are overpaid and jaded, some too green, some too old, some just not good enough. This season is just the beginning of the overhaul, not the end of it. I'd say next season should still be about getting the balance right, with a view to promotion the season after that.

Comment

What is our club a 2nd tier champ club really?
                        At the moment we are. The point I was making is that just because we are not in, or showing immediate signs of returning to the premier league, does that mean it's all meaningless and a failure.
                        You'd think being in the championship was akin to having leprocy the way some fans are carrying on.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

"He inherited a mess".... how many farking times we going to say this!!

... Agree with what youre saying by the way Hubs. Again the new manager is left with a mess to clear up before he can begin to work properly (high earners not wanting to put a shift in!!) And by the time he's sorted out the mess the fans have turned on him before he's even had a chance to do things 'his way'!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            And Harry Arter from Woking
                            my point exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Correct. He's inherited a mess. Some players are overpaid and jaded, some too green, some too old, some just not good enough. This season is just the beginning of the overhaul, not the end of it. I'd say next season should still be about getting the balance right, with a view to promotion the season after that.
                              This. We need to rebuild the whole club from scratch.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X