Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best managers for English football, Brits or foreigners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the best managers for English football, Brits or foreigners?

Buy British? Or not?

The Tottenham manager comes across excellently, probably No. 1 at the moment. Eddie Howe not far behind
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Mark hughes
      Harry redknapp
      Chris Ramsey
      R's

Comment

Paul Hart
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Depends on the individual.

Comment

Foreign so long as they have a good understanding of the English language . The Europeans especially seem to have a better grasp of the technical side of the game and play with flair and style . Can see it being frustrating for English lads if they can't understand the manager but if they can speak good English then it's not a problem

Comment

A pointless question as examples of success and failure for both. Depends on individuals, which clubs they're at and whether given time to do what they need to do. Fergie is obviously the standout of modern times, but these days would've been out long before Mark Robins scored that goal in the cup which ultimately led to them winning it that year and buying him more time before making history. Equally Wenger revamped the thinking around footballers lifestyle and mentality which then spread across the English game. He had instant success and was a revelation to the game, which has earned him the stay of execution through more recent baron seasons, but obviously funded the stadium in that time which will serve them for generations to come.

To say British or Foreign are better or worse is completely subjective. There are plenty of good managers in both categories and equally even more donkeys.

Comment

Exactly what Del said.

Comment

Working...
                X