The QPR way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The QPR way

What exactly do people think this is? The Les view and I think that of Ramsey and now JFH is to have hard working players who run around a lot and we will also look to give youth a chance. That's fine but to me is not necessarily what I would call the qpr way. Happy to give youth a chance but I thought our youth set up was shocking and needed investment? So, we shouldn't expect to see players from qpr youth set up in the first team now. Otherwise presumably youth set up is doing alright?

I always thought the qpr way was to have a maverick or 2 and play with a bit of style. Where's that at the moment? We also pluck decent players from lower leagues and sell them on at a tidy profit. Did we promote many youth team players historically? In my time Gallen and Dichio were 2 but they scored a shed load in the youth team set up.

People also talk about time. I agree that building a good youth team set up takes time. But the first team? You can install a style and a philosophy in that relatively quickly in my view. Look at pardew at palace and clement at Derby. Is ours to be one up top with 2 immobile central midfielders?
Working...
X