Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandro and Caulker

how much can we get them -

Both have time on their contracts left and both are in demand right now. January is a month where if a team wants a player you have to pay over the odds especially of your a club struggling.

We paid 10 mill for Sandro and 8 for caulker. I expect us to negotiate hard and get these fees back or even more.

We got to learn to play hard ball. The naivety needs to end.

Same with phillips and fer. We do have a chance here to recoup 20-25 mill from 4 players. That would allow us to bank some cash but also go and replenish the squad.

What sort of cash do you expect us to get?

Phillips we take what we can and the same with Fer and Caulker. Sandro is different as at least he has a go when on the field of play the sad part is it is not regular enough.

Comment

We should definitely sell both, it's a shame about Sandro always injured I would put his name 2nd on the team sheet just behind Charlie every week, probably get 2 bob for caulker, but with Sandro there is a stumbling block. Not only his injury record is poor. His wages might put off a few teams too
      You Rsssssss

Comment

I think if we could get our money back on Caulker and Sandro it wood be a fu cking miracle. More chance of Jimmy turning water to wine.

Comment

No way are we recouping the fee on Caulker, might get 4M if we're lucky. Reckon we're looking at similar fees for Fer & Philips too. Cant see who'd want to pay for Fer at present… Philips is definitely after that Jan transfer though. Caulker surely must rank amongst the worst PL transfers of all time

All good playing hardball but not many clubs are dumb enough to repeat mistakes we've already made. Villa & Sunderland look the only realistic PL candidates, everyone else seems to scout better alternatives.

Maybe Sandro will get a loan back to Brazil? Would prefer to keep him personally.

Comment

I get what people are saying about their values due to performances but the fact is most are in demand for some reason.

The fact clubs panic and this is a hard time to buy means we are in the drivers seat and we can really play hard ball.

We shouldn't look to just flog for whatever but negotiate hard.

With caulker we should be saying 8 mill and he's yours or 5 mill upfront and then add loads of clauses in appearances ect that if he meets bumps the deal up to 8/9 mill.

If the clubs Savy we can make some serious money this window.

Comment

I thought we lost our naivety tag when we dug our heels in over Austin and Phillips in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Sandro and Caulker - how much can we get them?
                Ask Sam Allardyce: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  I thought we lost our naivety tag when we dug our heels in over Austin and Phillips in the summer?
                  Depends how you look at it.

Austin was a gamble as we all new he could be pivitol in trying to get promotion. However right now it looks like a risk that might backfire as we risk losing what was 15 mill commodity for nothing.

Phillps is a good player imho but to me looks like a player who doesnt want to be playing at qpr so as much as it pains me to say it I would sell him for 6/7 mill to wba.

Comment

Both have time on their contracts left and both are in demand right now
                    Demand? I wouldn't of thought that myself maids. Caulker not setting the world on fire at Saints, not even in the squad again yesterday against the mighty Norwich, and Sandro struggles to get 2-3 full games under his belt.

If we got offered £2-3m for Sandro & £4-5m for Caulker I'd bite their hands off.

Comment

Palace interested in Caulker....icing on the cake if he goes there

Comment

Both have time on their contracts left and both are in demand right now. January is a month where if a team wants a player you have to pay over the odds especially of your a club struggling.

We paid 10 mill for Sandro and 8 for caulker. I expect us to negotiate hard and get these fees back or even more.

We got to learn to play hard ball. The naivety needs to end.

Same with phillips and fer. We do have a chance here to recoup 20-25 mill from 4 players. That would allow us to bank some cash but also go and replenish the squad.

What sort of cash do you expect us to get?
                        10mil for Sandro

Current reports that state that are just totally off the boil. He came for 6-7 mil. This will be simple to recoup to be honest if we just make it clear that is our goal.

As for the 4 players, assuming we'd sell them all, or even want to (which I don't think at all will be the case) we should be able to get 30-35mil
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We will be lucky to get £5m for Sandro tbh, can't imagine there's many teams queuing up for him.

I would be amazed if anybody bought Caulker, I'm not buying the paper talk that a few teams are sniffing around him, that's got to be his agent trying to wangle something.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            10mil for Sandro

Current reports that state that are just totally off the boil. He came for 6-7 mil. This will be simple to recoup to be honest if we just make it clear that is our goal.

As for the 4 players, assuming we'd sell them all, or even want to (which I don't think at all will be the case) we should be able to get 30-35mil
                            4/5 mill for sandro as club will be despeate to get of wage bill.

5-7 mill for phillips but dont reckon we will sell this month.

Fer 6 mill - If we rob someone blind

Charlie 7.5 - 10 mill

Green 1.5 - 2 mill as not long left on his contract.

Caulker 6-8 mill if we are lucky but will go out on loan first I reckon

38 mill if we sold them all now I reckon.

However will be lucky if we can get rid of sandro, Fer, caulker and Green and bring in 20 - 22 mill.

Comment

4/5 mill for sandro as club will be despeate to get of wage bill.

5-7 mill for phillips but dont reckon we will sell this month.

Fer 6 mill - If we rob someone blind

Charlie 7.5 - 10 mill

Green 1.5 - 2 mill as not long left on his contract.

Caulker 6-8 mill if we are lucky but will go out on loan first I reckon

38 mill if we sold them all now I reckon.

However will be lucky if we can get rid of sandro, Fer, caulker and Green and bring in 20 - 22 mill.
                              Personally think we are realistically looking at more like:

£5m Sandro.
                              £5m Phillips (although don't think we will sell him).
                              £4m Fer.
                              £5m Charlie.
                              Zero for Green.
                              Zero for Caulker.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X