DOF vs manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF vs manager

Do clubs actually need a DOF? What are they actually doing? DOF vs manager - responsibility, decision making and potential problem areas.

"Too many cooks..."

DOF combined with manager, yes it is a strange setup. I asked the same question as soon as JFH was appointed manager instead of head coach but I have seen no feasible explanation yet.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Didn't we talk about bringing Rodney marsh into a similar role years back when Gerry was manager? Gerry got annoyed and he left. Been all down hill since then!

Comment

Not to mention a technical director..... Counted seven staff in the dugout yesterday other than subs. Not one of the f ackers could see how bad Fer was or that Kelvin shouldn't play up front.

Comment

Who are these staff? Is there a list of roles and names somewhere?

Comment

There's a lot in that Swede it can go both ways a poor manager v a good DOF or a poor DOF v a good manager But when there's a real manager ie Wenger Ferguson Morinio to name just 3 then the DOF is just a job for a Biudy , In our case it's a case of oh dear oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Not to mention a technical director..... Counted seven staff in the dugout yesterday other than subs. Not one of the f ackers could see how bad Fer was or that Kelvin shouldn't play up front.
              Technical director..yes....what is he doing? How much do these people cost the club and are they needed? Cut the wage bill should not only be applicable for players.....

I want´to know what they are supposed to do, what they do and what they cost.

Comment

It all comes down to deluded thinking. This a small club. We don't need a massive infrastructure. The whole set up needs to be small and tight knit, a bit like LR. TF's delusions of grandeur have been very damaging.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                  Technical director..yes....what is he doing?
                  Mends the floodlights.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    It all comes down to deluded thinking. This a small club. We don't need a massive infrastructure. The whole set up needs to be small and tight knit, a bit like LR. TF's delusions of grandeur have been very damaging.
                    N H S anybody

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      There you go again! More TF bashing when you don't have a clue who made the appointments.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

A DoF should have limits on the football side, such as picking the team, tactics, personnel etc. The way I see it, the DoF should deal with things like transfer fees, wages, facilities the manager needs and such stuff. For example, JFH wants such and such player. The DoF then goes out and does the business. Les should not be involved in team selection. That's the manager's job.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                          A DoF should have limits on the football side, such as picking the team, tactics, personnel etc. The way I see it, the DoF should deal with things like transfer fees, wages, facilities the manager needs and such stuff. For example, JFH wants such and such player. The DoF then goes out and does the business. Les should not be involved in team selection. That's the manager's job.
                          Does anybody know if he is involved in team selection?

Comment

Working...
                          X