Absolutely no spark at QPR anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely no spark at QPR anymore

Gotta say. I've been watching Rangers for yearssssss now home and away & I don't think I've ever been so bored & unsatisfied watching this club play football. Even in our crap PL years recently we had a bit of spark mainly due to good opposition and seeing some world class players, but I honestly only go now out of habit. It's proper shite!

Atmosphere dead, crowd mute, team rubbish, results crap. So boring.

I used to wake up like a big kid on match day still buzzing to get down there. Now I wake up and have to think if I can really be ar5ed to go over there it's that bad.

Seeing the legend John Byrne today brought back the fantastic feeling I used to get watching QPR.

That's long gone. This is not a dig at JFH as he's only just in the door, but in general the club has a terrible feel about it. It's a real shame.

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Gotta say. I've been watching Rangers for yearssssss now home and away & I don't think I've ever been so bored & unsatisfied watching this club play football. Even in our crap PL years recently we had a bit of spark mainly due to good opposition and seeing some world class players, but I honestly only go now out of habit. It's proper shite!

Atmosphere dead, crowd mute, team rubbish, results crap. So boring.

I used to wake up like a big kid on match day still buzzing to get down there. Now I wake up and have to think if I can really be ar5ed to go over there it's that bad.

Seeing the legend John Byrne today brought back the fantastic feeling I used to get watching QPR.

That's long gone. This is not a dig at JFH as he's only just in the door, but in general the club has a terrible feel about it. It's a real shame.
    Could not agree more it is so sad and really fear for the future

Comment

I have not posted for ages. Mostly because I don't agree with the pessimistic views on forums at times. That and the fickle nature of many fans to me is frustrating. I have spent many years at LR I sense a real apathy and disconnect between the club and fans. If you speak to many other clubs this is a similar tale.In my opinion we are seeing the beginning of the end of footballs popularity in the UK. Money, greed, and an ageing fanbase being major causes.

Comment

Jim that really sums up how so many of us feel it's become a chore to get up and go and when you get there you think I dont really want to be here, and when you read they bring Ramsey back it gives you a total feeling of dispair and farked off

Comment

Originally posted by toptop View Post
          I have not posted for ages. Mostly because I don't agree with the pessimistic views on forums at times. That and the fickle nature of many fans to me is frustrating. I have spent many years at LR I sense a real apathy and disconnect between the club and fans. If you speak to many other clubs this is a similar tale.In my opinion we are seeing the beginning of the end of footballs popularity in the UK. Money, greed, and an ageing fanbase being major causes.
          I think you could be right mate. I always thought the talk of Sky killing the game to be a bit far fetched but I'm becoming more convinced that's true now. Used to have the odd football on the box, so getting to a game was a real treat. Now the tv is saturated with football, streams everywhere, watching on iPhones and what not. Add greedy players and agents into the mix where you have individuals who play for their next multi million pound deal and not the badge they represent and it will slowly decrease the passion on the pitch, which then feeds into the stands.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Jim that really sums up how so many of us feel it's become a chore to get up and go and when you get there you think I dont really want to be here, and when you read they bring Ramsey back it gives you a total feeling of dispair and farked off
              Mate I've lost count of the amount of times I've sat there the last few years and thought Jesus this is so shite. Going to football used to be unreal! Now. Just can't be ####ed mate. It's not nice.

Comment

Nailing my testicles to my Ellerslie seat would have been more fun today than watching that. And easier to do than that miss by Phillips..... Effort and playing strikers would have made it bearable. It is worrying. Spent much of the first half watching Clint Hill tbh.....

Comment

I was offered free tickets today but decided to stick to my original plans of seeing family and going for a curry. In days gone by I would have bitten my mates arm off.

Comment

The game has changed beyond all recognition to many fans. I watched salford city on TV the other day and that seemed a more attractive proposition than watching junior Hoilett put a shift in because it's contract renewal time.

Comment

One first half goal (in stoppage time....) in our last thirteen games. It's that s hit. You're having a laugh not playing a striker, Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Steve Galen gone and ramsey in joke club
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

The game has changed beyond all recognition to many fans. I watched salford city on TV the other day and that seemed a more attractive proposition than watching junior Hoilett put a shift in because it's contract renewal time.
                          Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                            afraid so

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                              I just heard about that, what is this club up to?
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X