Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikers

I noticed Nicky Maynard as one example is playing for MK Dons. He's a proven championship striker.

We have one who's injured and leaving soon. Jet and Fer aren't striker and polter isn't proven anywhere near this level in this country.

Where were we when Maynard preferred Brick City to White City?

Good post as cone January we need to go and sign at least one proven goal scorer at this level.

Plus maybe nicking someone like Armstrong on loan from Newcastle who's smashing it at Coventry or someone similar who a up and coming talent with a bit of pace too.

Comment

Yep. We need 2 strikers in Jan for sure.

Comment

We haven't had enough strikers for years, I can't keep supporting a team who make the same mistakes every ####img year

It's also shiit to see Les Ferdinand 'hero' status not taken into account with all his #### January signings

& the worst is everyone at QPR not seeing Warnock was the right Man
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

a striker is a must , rely on polter geist and we'll be in trouble

Comment

I would not sign anyone unless their a bargain. Got to start living within our means and get back to basics and stop thinking signing more and more players is the answer

Novel idea but what about working with players we already have coaching and improving them a thing our club used to excel at

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              I would not sign anyone unless their a bargain. Got to start living within our means and get back to basics and stop thinking signing more and more players is the answer

Novel idea but what about working with players we already have coaching and improving them a thing our club used to excel at
              Wasn't that what Ramsey was supposed to do and look where that has got us

Comment

polter and JET similar in that they're big lumps would like us to buy a quick , live wire sort of forward or even bring one on from the youth team . what we've got with charlie out is just not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Wasn't that what Ramsey was supposed to do and look where that has got us
                  But surely that's the way forward for a club our size Dogs we can't be a cheque book football club anymore. Problem is we want instant results we have no patience we moan and panic then go for the easy option. Polter is in new country learning new way of playing in arguably toughest most competitive league in the world and after what six games two of which he has started he's proclaimed not good enough and needs replacing!!!!! No one has any interest in working with him or giving him time six games in he should be binned

It's not just problem of management And owners its problem of fan base who have become, and I have said before, spoilt

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    But surely that's the way forward for a club our size Dogs we can't be a cheque book football club anymore. Problem is we want instant results we have no patience we moan and panic then go for the easy option. Polter is in new country learning new way of playing in arguably toughest most competitive league in the world and after what six games two of which he has started he's proclaimed not good enough and needs replacing!!!!! No one has any interest in working with him or giving him time six games in he should be binned

It's not just problem of management And owners its problem of fan base who have become, and I have said before, spoilt
                    It was meant as a tongue in cheek reference to the great coach who they claim everybody wants including that great font of football knowledge called the FA ,
                    No I have nothing against Polter getting a run as I think he has every chance to come good under JFH guidance , for the record I am pleased with jimmy Floyd and hope to continue to be But he will need to bring some outside help regarding players

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      We haven't had enough strikers for years, I can't keep supporting a team who make the same mistakes every ####img year

It's also shiit to see Les Ferdinand 'hero' status not taken into account with all his #### January signings

& the worst is everyone at QPR not seeing Warnock was the right Man
                      I agree, warnock should have been kept on.

Comment

Surely we should have too many than not enough especially as it's been clear for the past 2 years that Austin is injury prone and scores 75%+ of our goals (incl when he's out injured)

It's very simple to me. Goals win games. We can have all the big names behind dog sh11te replacements or play the likes of Phillips in an unnatural position it won't count for nothing. Add in that when we play phillips cf we lose him as a rm....JFH decided to then fill the RM round hole with a square peg that is Henry at home to Burnley... Nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          I noticed Nicky Maynard as one example is playing for MK Dons. He's a proven championship striker.

We have one who's injured and leaving soon. Jet and Fer aren't striker and polter isn't proven anywhere near this level in this country.

Where were we when Maynard preferred Brick City to White City?
                          Since Maynard left Bristol City 3 years ago, his goal record has been crap.

Comment

Patch could score more than poulter and he's a left back pmsl
                            R's

Comment

Nicky Maynard since 2012 has 11 goals in 66 games. Not exactly a prolific goalscorer and I can imagine the hashtags if we got someone like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X