Austin could leave in January admits Les Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin could leave in January admits Les Ferdinand

Austin last week insisted he would see out his contract but Ferdinand fears Austin will change his mind should a top Premier League club make a bid next month.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3141986.html
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Sun can rise in the east, scientists admit.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Let me predict this

Austin will stay until the end of the season because then clubs don't have to pay his transfer fee meaning more wage & a PICK of where he wants to play

Makes perfect sense to me, sad to see him go but we're not good enough for him & he would be right to think that
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Fck me it's a diff quote every week.

They'd wanna make their minds up.

Comment

If he doesn't start on Saturday then the writing is on the wall IMO, it will probably make sence from a business point off you and it will be sad to see him leave us but we might aswell get a few million for him rather than let him go for nothing
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Cant remember who maybe Hoos or even JFH but somone (not LF) said after Austins "Im here to the end of the season" coment after the Brighton game that Austin would likely be gone in the January transfer window.... looks like we are more than happy to look at offers for him. (ie not try too hard to keep hold on to him).
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

If a top club comes in for him ! cant see that happening unless they are looking for a stop gap but I think he's been missing to many games recently for a top club to see him as being long term plans , and he'd be a mug to bail out for a club in the bottom 6 when he might get a better club as a free in the summer , tho Newcastle having come into some sort of form might see his goals as a big step towards safty

Comment

I think we should possibly sell him in Jan if he can find the right club that he wants to go to on the right package and also we can find a replacement.

If in theory we got £8m for him we might be able to spend £4-6m on a replacement but if he leaves for free in the summer we have nothing to spend apart from more directors money. I don't believe we will go up even with him in the team.

Comment

He's got no intention of going as he never in the summer and who can blame him. Massive pot of money at the end of the rainbow in 5months so he puts up with QPR for five months and cashes in he can't lose

Only way he leaves Jan is if a top side comes in for him but I can't see that

As soon as we got promoted he should have been offered extension I would guess we never cause Harry never thought he would not be up to it in top flight and when we realised he was it was too late

Comment

Could see Leicester back in for him, they made a bid for him in the summer right? Danny Simpson overlapping with Mahrez to feed Austin and Vardy, not bad you know ;)

Comment

All makes sence

Austin - wants to leave for free in the summer
                      Ferdinand wants to get some money for him
                      Remember QPR owns Austin until summer - not the other way around - so QPR can sell in January if opportunity arises

Anyway last forward (at that time french international) going to a top club has hardly played for them

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        Danny Simpson
                        Pains me every time I read that name.

Deemed not good enough by that saggy faced pr!ck to play in a pathetic system that never happened. Still paying for that decision now.

Comment

If he will get us 'playoffs' keep him. If he is not the difference sell him.

We don't have enough quality without him. If he is injured on and off ( Bristol) we'll fail. Too much of a gamble . Sell.

Give it a few years, TF offski, League One for 3 or 4 seasons (maybe more). Hope for a Holloway or a Warnock in the next ten years.

Just look at the dross we bought in the Summer who can't get a game or are out on loan. This squad is mediocre. Who are we kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                            All makes sence

Austin - wants to leave for free in the summer
                            Ferdinand wants to get some money for him
                            Remember QPR owns Austin until summer - not the other way around - so QPR can sell in January if opportunity arises

Anyway last forward (at that time french international) going to a top club has hardly played for them
                            But they can't just sell him they can only sell him if he wants to sign for buying club

Comment

If a descent offer comes in from a good club not in fear of relegation I think Charlie will be on the move, it looks like the board want to cash in? Really cant see Chaz signing a new contract even if we're promoted (but who knows),and I've heard that his Mrs isn't keen to move, we turned down a £12M bid from Leicester in the summer look where he could be now playing with Vardy & Mahrez top of the league or one of them probably wouldn't be playing, but I think at the start they were probably looking to pair Austin & Vardy together

Comment

Working...
                              X