Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaz - Is he the best QPR striker you have seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clive allen for me , never saw a lot of les as i stopped going to football for over 10 years

Comment

Allen was the most clinical striker we have had at the club, give him a chance he put it away and was a far better footballer than many gave him credit for. Don Givens was a fantastic striker but more of a team player and Sir Les could pick the ball up in his own half and end up scoring. Charlie is probably our best out and out finisher since Allen but not in the same league as Sir Les was, yet ! Allen though is the most natural goal scorer we have ever produced.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Being a young 29 I got to say I think Charlie's my favourite QPR striker and the best I have seen. Such a natural talent who just knows how to finish and put the ball in the back of the net. Its been a pleasure having him at Loftus Road

It got me thinking is he the best striker I have seen down Loftus Road since I started supporting the club 25 + years ago. It was a toss up between him and Ferdinand for me personally but I think i'd give the nod to chaz.

I also really rated Gallen, loved the bloke and gutted for him when that injury struck so early in his career.

Who do you guys rate as the best striker you have seen down Loftus Road since you started supporting us and how highly do you rate charlie?

I reckon my top 5 would be -

1, Austin,
        2, Ferdinand
        3, Gallen
        4, Furlong
        5, Remy - Controversial as was with a short time but he was different gravy. If he had stayed with us he'd be near the top.
        I'm a few years older at 33 but my top 5 would probably be the same as yours although not in that order. Sir Les is still top for me with Chaz in at 2nd. Gotta give a special mention to Andy Thompson too for the 2001/02, of course he is nowhere near the quality of the 5 mentioned above but his 21 goals that season was an incredible feat and was massively important to us at the time!

Comment

How comes no-one mentioned Mike Sheron?

Ok, I'll get my coat......

Comment

Interested to see people putting austin above ferdinand. I thought Les had everything.

Les
            Austin
            Furlong
            Gallen
            Remy
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I think that any judgement on CA or LF is that LF was in a very good side and CA has been in a so so side I think that it's a hard call both very good finishers with LF being quicker and pos a stronger shot but CA may edge the natural goal scorer bit it would have been good to CA with some real quality around him

Comment

I'm 31 and for me Sir Les is head and shoulders the best striker I have seen at the Rangers. Pace, Power, his heading ability was unreal also.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

1. Sir Les
                  2. Charlie Austin
                  3. Clive Allen
                  4. Roy Wegerle
                  5. Paul Goddard
                  6. Johnny Byrne
                  7. Garry Bannister
                  8. Kevin Gallen
                  9. Paul Furlong
                  10. Heidur Helguson

Top 10 in my era watching Rangers.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Showing my age but
                    1 Rodney
                    2 Stan
                    3 Les
                    4 Clive
                    5 Charlie

Comment

I loved Les and Kevin Gallen, Roy Wegerle & Heidur Helguson. Charlie is one of the best in England today and well underrated.

Charlie is really good at reading the game, that's why he scores often.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Good shout that tbf. Was he the last player to bag 20 goals in a season for us (before Austin of course)?
                        Certainly was, that's why I included him too. Was great for us during a really painfully shite time.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Sir Les, he made big teams quake with fear, simply unplayable at times. Every team in England would have met his price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                            I'm 31 and for me Sir Les is head and shoulders the best striker I have seen at the Rangers. Pace, Power, his heading ability was unreal also.
                            His aerial ability was amazing!!
                            He seemed to hang in the air for ages when he went up.
                            When Les got the ball you knew something could happen.

Feel the same way about Chaz though now, if he gets the oppurtunity to have the goal in sight!!

Comment

I think it beggars belief that "I am the f##kin man" Johnny Spencer hasn't been mentioned. For a spell in 96/97 I felt confident he'd score everytime he played, and his hat-trick v Barnsley was unforgettable, especially the goal from the tightest of angles at the school end for the winner. Port Vale 4-4 too.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                                1. Sir Les
                                2. Charlie Austin
                                3. Clive Allen
                                4. Roy Wegerle
                                5. Paul Goddard
                                6. Johnny Byrne
                                7. Garry Bannister
                                8. Kevin Gallen
                                9. Paul Furlong
                                10. Heidur Helguson

Top 10 in my era watching Rangers.
                                Pretty much the same as above as must be similar age, would add Stainrod.

Comment

Working...
                                X