Our track record with managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our track record with managers

I've been scratching my head thinking about how many of our managers have left us under positive circumstances as opposed to being shown the door. By "positive circumstances" I mean either moving on to a bigger/better club or maybe just ending their contract and kind of agreeing to part ways.
    I can only think of Venables going to Barca and possibly Jim Smith going to Newcastle (both flipping years ago!) but the rest have seemingly crashed and burned with alarming regularity. Let's hope JFH can buck this disappointing trend.

Francis to Spuds before the Wilkins debacle. Of course Les to the Barcodes made it even worse at the time
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I've been scratching my head thinking about how many of our managers have left us under positive circumstances as opposed to being shown the door. By "positive circumstances" I mean either moving on to a bigger/better club or maybe just ending their contract and kind of agreeing to part ways.
      I can only think of Venables going to Barca and possibly Jim Smith going to Newcastle (both flipping years ago!) but the rest have seemingly crashed and burned with alarming regularity. Let's hope JFH can buck this disappointing trend.
      Neil Warnock was a superb appointment.

Harry will split opinions but as a whole he wasnt terrible IMO.

Comment

Agreed hopefully Jimmy will be a major success but I do think both Holoway and Warnock were major successes in recent years despite being moved on. They both did what they set out to do and were then moved on due to new ownership.

Comment

Think you could say that about the majority of teams though.

Agree with the above Poster, Olly has to been seen as moving onto biggr and better. Managed in the prem.

Comment

I'm not saying that every manager has been a duffer - I agree Warnock and Olly were good but, can't avoid fact that they were sacked due to results tailing off. Maybe that's the way it is with managers? Still be nice to finally have a manager that does well, leaves us in a healthy position and goes out on a high before furthering their career..... JFH could be the guy.

Comment

Working...
            X