Are we making the same mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we making the same mistake?

Just throwing this out there for discussion although some of you will get really wound up I'm sure.....

This is obviously quite a complex club to manage. It's a valid point that we want to build for the future but should we go for another novice manager? To be fair, that's what JFH still is despite a short successful time at Burton.

Wasn't there a lesson to learn and hasn't that been confirmed by the difference an old tried and tested thick skinned bloke has made in a short time?

Talent and ability come into it of course - Gary Neville is a novice manager and look where he is.

Who dares wins, but is the time right for another risk to be taken?

I dont think we've taken a manager like JFH on, in a very long time. Who was the last, Ollie?

CR does not count, not for me anyway. He was a punt and an interim from our 'coaching staff' - He wasnt managing in the lower league and tearing it up.

Comment

We need to make a decision whether we want an instant quick fix that may last 12/18 months max, or to take a step back, bring in a young upcoming manager and give him time to let him enforce his way of doing things on the squad and build something properly. It is a bit of a gamble, but so is every manager. I am all for it and think it is a great move by the club.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        We need to make a decision whether we want an instant quick fix that may last 12/18 months max, or to take a step back, bring in a young upcoming manager and give him time to let him enforce his way of doing things on the squad and build something properly. It is a bit of a gamble, but so is every manager. I am all for it and think it is a great move by the club.
        This could be a quick fix and a long term one, you just don't know. By this I feel JFH is a long term fix for the club going forward but he could also produce the magic in the short term, especially after what NW has just done for us.

Comment

A few here think we've gone for Burton with this appointment.

Comment

We should of got Warnock. Tried & tested

Conceded 1 goal in 4 games (& that was a penalty)
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Damned if you do and damned if you dont....

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                Damned if you do and damned if you dont....
                Yea if we did and when we had a rough patch under NW later in the season it would be "we had the chance to get a young hungry manager in JFH and we opted for a short term solution in Neil, wtf are the club doing"!

Comment

All well and good Matty but if the young up and coming manager shapes up well there's no saying he will stay longer 12 = 18 months if he gets a better offer

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    All well and good Matty but if the young up and coming manager shapes up well there's no saying he will stay longer 12 = 18 months if he gets a better offer
                    True mate but I would rather have a decent up and coming manager that's reason for only lasting 18 months being that he has done so well with us than an older man leaving after 18 months to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      but at least we will benefit in the process. It would probably have to take getting us promoted for JFH to get a better offer

Comment

True mate but I would rather have a decent up and coming manager that's reason for only lasting 18 months being that he has done so well with us than an older man leaving after 18 months to retire.
                        Agree with that 100%. It would then be up to us to keep the 'younger doing well manager' by ensuring he had targets and reward accordingly. The amount of money we have paid in the past for Hughes and Rednappy should mean we could meet the needs of an ever improving talent.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

This....... 50 percent win record. 25 percent losses (last min penalty conceded by a thick as mince midfiejder).

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            This....... 50 percent win record. 25 percent losses (last min penalty conceded by a thick as mince midfiejder).
                            Would it be fair to say you ain't a fan of our 'Fer'ry midfielder 77?
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              In 4 matches. Not really a long enough phase to judge someone imo. We know what he is capable of and he would push us up the table this season, but as most have said, it would only be this season, he isn't a long term case. We need a long term case.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X