Am I alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Could someone merge his threads, please? It's annoying.
    Done.

Comment

Would be a very short sighted move to keep Neil fulltime IMO. That said though, I do get what you're saying Kirill as we are performing under him and getting some momentum together. He has done a fantastic job for us, massive appreciation to him for sorting us out - especially at the back.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Done.

Comment

JFH apparently likes to build from the back, and improved Burton's already good team when he took them over. He's hardly likely to unpick ours, is he?

Comment

As much as I love Warnock he would only be short term (6-18 months). Personally I would rather we had a long term manager in place. It might not succeed but I personally feel it is worth a risk as we won't go down and doubtful we are going up no matter who is in charge (could make playoffs but that is obviously a lottery). Now is the time for a manager to bed in for the rest of this season and hopefully get things sorted for a proper crack at promotion next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Would be a very short sighted move to keep Neil fulltime IMO. That said though, I do get what you're saying Kirill as we are performing under him and getting some momentum together. He has done a fantastic job for us, massive appreciation to him for sorting us out - especially at the back.
              Spot on, have to look forward now. Cant just continue to have these 1 season plans we seem to have gone with the last 4-5 years.

Also, not sure where this perception of us "playing well" comes from. hasnt been uch of that the last few games, but NW has done what we needed. Steadied the ship and stopped leaking goals. Thank him and move on.

Comment

No your not.

The clubs a absolute mess. We have under perfromed most of the season with no cohesion what so ever. Warnock comes in and get the team fired up and defensively sound and we decide to replace him with a punt that jfh is the next big thing.

We have massive hurdles facing us in the next few months and it's a major risk to hand the reigns over to a novice. We don't go up and its a major rebuilding job with 5,6 key players departing. Add to that when they go because we will be allowed to sell we could be under a embargo where we cant buy and can only bring in free players.

Clubs decision to me is short sighted. Stabillity was key this year and maybe a push towards the play offs and we all know its a lottery from there. 3rd manager in 4 month for the players who will want to impose his own philosophies.

Managing humble Burton players is a walk in the park compared to the mess he's about to inherit.

Waronck should of stayed or we should of appointed an experienced manager to see us through turbulent times ahead. However it is JFH so as any new manager we all neeed to get behind him and hope he has the credentials and managerial nous to do half the job warnock was doing and we might just be ok.

Comment

I would say the championship is dire football full stop, everytime I watch a game live on telly both sides look awful, I know we ain't set the division on fire but one else as done either. We went to one off the so called best teams in the championship in Middlesbrough and didn't deserve to lose, I always say give the new manager a chance and we will see what happens
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Well, 3 points away is indeed playing well in my book.
                    wait, so if Al-Habsi hadn't acted like he had been thrown a water balloon in the last minute then we would have somehow retrospectively played worse over the previous 90? nonsense.

that's no way to pick who takes the club forward in the long term.

as I've often said re Keogh's (non-)clearance and Redknapp's QPR legacy, tiny little events like this can have a huge influence. Yes we won, and we just about deserved to, but we really didn't play particularly well and hardly looked like scoring all night.

No need for some sort of 'Warnock would have taken us up' narrative over the coming months. We looked like a defensive mid-table side last night, which is exactly what the table reflects.

Comment

Giving the job to Neil until the end of the season would have been short sighted and disastrous for the long term. This phase in our history is not about the here and now it IS about the long term future. Whoever was/is in charge will be hard pressed to gain promotion - it's a long shot either with Neil or JFH but at least with a long term appointment in place, the building blocks for continuity and future success are being laid now rather than during another summer transfer window. That can only be a good thing and surely, even the most impatient among us can understand that Warnock is the past and could possibly have been only the present and immediate future, which pails into insignificance for a Club that needs to finally start thinking long term.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Didn't play well my arrss Onoura Perch Hall Faulin , get a grip FFS we went and did the job
                        give the man some credit onoura and Perch were hapless Ali was treading water before he got here ,
                        I hope Jimmy Floyd has a good chat with Warnock and takes on board any advice he offers regarding the players

Comment

The best advice he can take is this, but surely it is obvious.

1. Keep the side the same, or as near as possible.
                          2. Hall and Nedum are key now.
                          3. Faurlin and Sandro are key now
                          4. Hoilett, Fer and Chery are better as No.10's so try and use them both there.

Changing it all again now would be silly, but I think he will know this.

Comment

Although I am disappointed that we've gone for Hasslebaink, I'll fully support him once it is announced.

The one thing I think is clearly apparent though is that JFH/the new manager needs a lot of time to sort out the club to take it forward. Accept a decent stint in the Championship while we build then it is onwards and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post

This is not aimed at the current regime. For instance, I recall Mick Harford stepping in years ago after the sacking of John Gregory and the team really playing for him - but no, he had to go, because he was "caretaker" and we had someone "proper" lined up to take over. I don't even remember who that "proper" manager was now, but I do remember how good it felt with Mick Harford in charge. We are doing it again now, we don't really have to do it IMHO. Will we ever learn?

EDIT: For the doubters, here is a telling quote by Warnock from last night:
                              "It's been a difficult 24 hours as I didn't expect it to be my last game."
                              I thought Mick Hartford pretty much resigned himself admitting he was not up to the job?

edit: oh that was the 1st time around

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                                The best advice he can take is this, but surely it is obvious.

1. Keep the side the same, or as near as possible.
                                2. Hall and Nedum are key now.
                                3. Faurlin and Sandro are key now
                                4. Hoilett, Fer and Chery are better as No.10's so try and use them both there.

Changing it all again now would be silly, but I think he will know this.
                                yep couldn't disagree always pays to play what you consider your best players at all times unless forced not too

Comment

Working...
                                X