X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statement

FOOTBALL LEAGUE BOARD STATEMENT
    Posted on: 08.10.2009
    At its meeting in London today, the Board of The Football League discussed its Fit and Proper Persons Test and general club ownership.

As of today, and having taken advice from legal counsel in regard to existing League regulations, it was unanimously agreed that it will be the policy of the Board to insist that it is informed, with supporting evidence provided, of the ultimate beneficial owners of all Football League clubs.

In regard to specific issues discussed, a spokesman for The Football League said:
    Notts County:

"We are very grateful to Notts County for providing us with further information in regard to its ownership structure.

"Meetings to clarify a few outstanding issues will occur during the next few days, with a view to concluding matters in the near future."

Flavio Briatore:

"The Board conducted a comprehensive review of the situation including the receipt of advice from leading counsel.

"After considering all the information presently available to it and in the interest of due process, the Board will seek responses from Mr. Briatore before commenting further."

Leeds United:

"The Board noted recent allegations made about the ownership of Leeds United Football Club. The League has written to the club seeking clarification.

"No further comment will be made on this matter until a response has been received."

Shocked and stunned...........what else did anyone expect?
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Why didn't they speak to Flavio before the meeting?
      David

Comment

I think I've read this before?

Comment

no shock there.....

Comment

So they've done absolutly nothing......what a load of nonsense..........

Comment

They'll have to find him first.

He's in Da Nile.

Comment

Originally posted by LOOPYHOOP View Post
                So they've done absolutly nothing......what a load of nonsense..........
                Not quite - they've discussed the issue (which is what happens at board meetings) and identified various questions they wish to ask FB - which they will now do and once they have his responses the matter will be discussed further - probably at the next board meeting - unless they decide it justifies an Extraordinary general meeting.

As this was a scheduled board meeting to discuss matters of policy etc, there was never going to be any other outcome really.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hmmm.....on and on and on.

Comment

Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one is you Kirill? :bad_egg:
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

surely he either meets their criteria or he doesnt. i wonder what they are asking him and what they expect him to say.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                          surely he either meets their criteria or he doesnt. i wonder what they are asking him and what they expect him to say.
                          As has been said previously - not by any of us people who don't know the whole set of facts, but by a "leading barrister" - it's very complex.

So no, it's not that simple I guess.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Lol - the football league are no different from the NHS and other companies...They have a meeting to discuss the details about the next meeting...Nowt ever gets done, just people sittting round tables eating digestives and wasting peoples time....That's why this country is going to the dogs...we just talk and do f all...

Comment

I think thay are going to ask him what his favourite pasta is.....

Comment

Working...
                              X