Why this vile cheat must be Kicked out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this vile cheat must be Kicked out

More positive PR courtesy of Briatore, but I guess there are some on here who still wont believe he done we he admitted he done.

Why this vile cheat must be Kicked out
    Steve Howard in today's Sun, page 69

WE are always hearing what a hardline administrator Football League chairman Brian Mawhinney is.
    Some sort of tough guy who brooks no argument.

Well, today he has a chance to show it when the Football League meet to discuss the footballing future of discredited motor-racing ty**** Flavio Briatore.

In his political career, Mawhinney was chairman of the Conservative Party in the last two years of the John Major government when hardly a week went by when one Tory MP or another was caught with his trousers metaphorically round his ankles.

He was also Minister of State at the Northern Ireland office.

So he knows about sleaze. And he knows about making tough decisions in tough areas.

This morning he chairs the meeting in Central London that will examine, among other things, whether former Renault F1 boss Briatore is a "fit and proper person" to continue as chairman of QPR Holdings and a director of the club.

This would seem to be a no-brainer. Should Guy Fawkes be allowed to use fireworks?

More appropriately, would you accept a lift to to the shops from Nelson Piquet Jnr? I don't think so.

Briatore has just been thrown out of his own sport for masterminding probably the worst case of cheating in sporting history.

What sort of man would coerce an impressionable 24-year-old into risking his life by crashing at a Grand Prix so that another member of the team - Fernando Alonso - could win and so bring glory to himself, the owner and Renault?

A despot? A megalomaniac? A man who should never again be trusted? A man who has turned sport into chicanery and totally disgraced it? All four.

A man who on the outset of Crashgate in Singapore repeatedly insisted, according to the World Motor Sport Council, "he had no knowledge of the affair."

A "deliberate falsehood" according to the WMSC. A liar. Worse, a man who, according to the same body, "manifestly did not guide Mr Piquet Jnr appropriately and indeed allowed and seemingly encouraged him to engage in potentially ruinous and life-threatening activities."

And a man who, despite sacking a series of QPR managers, has seen only one match this season.

Briatore has proved himself an extremely dangerous and untrustworthy character, totally prepared to bend the rules in the most cavalier and premeditated way.

As such he should no longer play any part in football, either.

Yesterday Mawhinney was at a "Leaders in Football" summit at Stamford Bridge along with similarly ennobled former politician "Lord" David Triesman, chairman of the FA.

Of the Briatore case, he would only say he had taken legal advice as to whether Football League rules were enforceable.

Well, they should have worked that one out at the onset when they put in place a fit and proper person's test that barred people from football who were subject to a ban from involvement in the administration of any other sport.

It seems pretty clear cut to me.

Mawhinney and his board members have, commendably, taken strong action when it came to docking numerous points from clubs who, to beat creditors, have opted for administration.

Now they have to be as positive with Briatore. There seems to be no reason to fudge the issue especially when the Italian, after being kicked out of his own sport, scarcely has a leg to stand on.

We would also hate to think some ex-politicos come into football for prestige and the trappings that come with jobs some people might view as sinecures.

They should have one word for Signor Briatore. Arrivederci.
    Last edited by paulmason; 08-10-2009, 08:14 AM.

Couldnt agree more Paul.

Also, what message does it send out to young QPR fans that cheats prosper?

We need our family club back.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

I personally hope they do ban him and make him sell, i appreciate him saving the club and bringing in rich faces to invest in the club but he has caused too much embarressment.
      The odd negative story in the press you can deal with and support your owner but this is too much, whether he was banned from formula 1 or he resigned is Irrelevant he has been caught up in a cheating scandal. I am so sick of Flavio doing things which are ruining the reputation of this club and turning everyone including our own fans against QPR. Thank you for your help Flavio but its time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        Couldnt agree more Paul.

Also, what message does it send out to young QPR fans that cheats prosper?

In a lot of cases they do though
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by 1984rangers View Post
          I personally hope they do ban him and make him sell, i appreciate him saving the club and bringing in rich faces to invest in the club but he has caused too much embarressment.
          The odd negative story in the press you can deal with and support your owner but this is too much, whether he was banned from formula 1 or he resigned is Irrelevant he has been caught up in a cheating scandal. I am so sick of Flavio doing things which are ruining the reputation of this club and turning everyone including our own fans against QPR. Thank you for your help Flavio but its time to go.
          Great post mate and very sensible.

I Couldn't agree more here and the highlighted points you made are important too. It's easy for people to #### him off and blame him for all the bad press, but our fans have very short memories and forget what he did for us in the 1st place. With out Flav, we have no QPR to moan about. Without Flav the Mittals would not be here and would have no interest in QPR at all. Without Flav we wouldn't have certain large sponsorships. Also, as much as he has his faults, a special mention to Gianni Palladini who also takes unjust amounts of stick. Without GP, there would be no Flav, therefore all the points I have made would have happened either.

Short memories indeed.

Again, thank you for all the good you've done for our club Flav, but maybe now is the time to move on.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

But apparently, we aren't a family club, that honour lies down the road with Fulham. In fact we are a rough club I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

I Couldn't agree more here and the highlighted points you made are important too. It's easy for people to #### him off and blame him for all the bad press, but our fans have very short memories and forget what he did for us in the 1st place. With out Flav, we have no QPR to moan about. Without Flav the Mittals would not be here and would have no interest in QPR at all. Without Flav we wouldn't have certain large sponsorships. Also, as much as he has his faults, a special mention to Gianni Palladini who also takes unjust amounts of stick. Without GP, there would be no Flav, therefore all the points I have made would have happened either.

Short memories indeed.

Again, thank you for all the good you've done for our club Flav, but maybe now is the time to move on.
              Anyone got a spare handkerchief and sick bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                Anyone got a spare handkerchief and sick bucket.
                Brilliantly constructed reply there mate.

That must have taken some real thought, that?
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  But apparently, we aren't a family club, that honour lies down the road with Fulham. In fact we are a rough club I hear.

SsssshhhhhhhDoes make me laugh when they say family club.Been nouuughty down Rs for decades.

Comment

Brilliantly constructed reply there mate.

That must have taken some real thought, that?
                    Thanks, I thought so as well. I'm still trying to work out why you just cant say he is a disgrace, deserves everything he gets and the sooner he goes the better, instead of all the other wolley fluff. Yes, thank's Flab for what you done, but in a years time, he will be remembered as the person who "masterminding probably the worst case of cheating in sporting history" according the the Sun's Steve Howard and the person (First ?) who got thrown out of Football, after failing a fit and proper test.

"It's easy for people to #### him off and blame him for all the bad press...."
                    Question: Who's fault is it we are getting all the bad press then ?
                    Last edited by paulmason; 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Heard an interveiw with Chris Rea on Radio 5 the other day.Hes well into his Motor sport and he said theres loads of cheating gone on.A Sena was one of the worst,shunting someone at 200mph on purpose was one eg he gave.The sport is rife with blagards and i bet others have done what Renault did but have just not been caught.The sport does contain skill but is a joke as a competition.hence why i dont give a #### what Flav has done.

Comment

With out Flav, we have no QPR to moan about.

Also, as much as he has his faults, a special mention to Gianni Palladini who also takes unjust amounts of stick. Without GP, there would be no Flav, therefore all the points I have made would have happened either.
                        Two points - Nobody can say with any certainty whether or not there would be no QPR to moan about without Flav who knows what would have happened or who could have bought us out of administration - who knows some rich Arab could have bought us and given the manager 100 million to build a side and we would be top of the table right now having won every game....

Secondly since when does answering a phone call mean you are the saviour of the club?
                        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Secondly since when does answering a phone call mean you are the saviour of the club?

That is boll ocks mate!
                          GP did an incredible job to sell this club to money men while the bucket was going around at games. The guy has people skills and knows how to build the club up even though we we're in financial ruin. GP like Benny said does get way to much stick. Yes lets all believe an arab was waiting in the wings but the reality was we was saved!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Short memories indeed.

Top post Benny it's a shame some of our so called fans are so quick to stick the knife in Flavio Briatore who helped save this football club and although he is far from perfect and the F1 situation is quite incredible I will always be glad that Flavio stepped in when the club was on it's knee's.

It's probably right for him to move on but I for one will say thanks Flavio for everything you have done at QPR.
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

F1 has always been full of cheating and sportsmanship.

But all that aside, what happens to QPR if FB is forced out? LM & BE are on the Board because of him. They haven't shown much interest in the club or watching games so will they stay on? If not, QPR are in it deep.

Who will contnue to pay the players high wages?
                              The club's income is not enough to cover its expenditure.

It's all very well criticising, but perhaps we need to think about the consequences.

Comment

Working...
                              X