Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's what happens when you haven't any b alls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Tactics were good? To not actually play is striker in the starting 11 is an awful way of thinking. Unless you think Phillips or fer are a messi? It really was a shut up shop attitude to maybe pinch something on the break, in which in all fairness we nearly did but for a side sitting 13th, I would of hoped we might of played a striker in form ie jet. Bloke must be wondering what he's done wrong.
    Cant remember who but a poster earlier suggested that Jet wasn't started because we'd have most likely just hoofed it up to him, which went against the game plan of containment then hitting them on the break. In that regard Phillips offered the better outlet by utilising his pace with through-balls to runs in the channels or in behind their defence. Tbf I can see the case for trying that...and it almost paid off had our finishing been more clinical, especially from Matty spurning his gilt-edged chance.

Comment

Problem is that Matt Phillips is not a striker he is a winger. Yun is also hopeless in front of goal. Our midfield is also too slow and they clearly ran out of steam around the hour mark. Faurlin played a very good match again though.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Excellent defensive performance but let's face it, we were never going to score with no recognised striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Cant remember who but a poster earlier suggested that Jet wasn't started because we'd have most likely just hoofed it up to him, which went against the game plan of containment then hitting them on the break. In that regard Phillips offered the better outlet by utilising his pace with through-balls to runs in the channels or in behind their defence. Tbf I can see the case for trying that...and it almost paid off had our finishing been more clinical, especially from Matty spurning his gilt-edged chance.
          For me we seemed to get weaker when our subs were brought on

Comment

I aint read all the comments on here but I for one thought last nights performance was much improved.

We was 1 minute away from a very good point away to a team that have an outstanding home record and we could of easily won the game if we took some of our chances.

The thing that has me optimistic is warnock and co have installed so structure and organisation and even perch looked like he could defend last night. I think the last two performances show what we are capable off.

I like faurlin and sandro in the middle and Fer showed his class in spells. Hall has been outstanding and the back line just looked more in control yesterday.

I think we can really crack on.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              I aint read all the comments on here but I for one thought last nights performance was much improved.

We was 1 minute away from a very good point away to a team that have an outstanding home record and we could of easily won the game if we took some of our chances.

The thing that has me optimistic is warnock and co have installed so structure and organisation and even perch looked like he could defend last night. I think the last two performances show what we are capable off.

I like faurlin and sandro in the middle and Fer showed his class in spells. Hall has been outstanding and the back line just looked more in control yesterday.

I think we can really crack on.
              Two words SPOT ON

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Two through balls all game.... Can't remember the last time we scored from someone being put through on goal.

Comment

Disappointing to see us play with those tactics.

No striker, Henry as a second RB, Yun as a second LB...

We must be positive from the off and play to our strengths. Cowardly tactics must stop.

Comment

there was me moaning about playing one man up front
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Playing a winger as striker means he's likely to f ack things up. Jet should have started. There was no need to park Henry on the right. Joke team. That was there for the taking. The three points not just one.
                      Agree about JET but Henry did ok and we weren't there for the taking - Boro ran out of ideas and their crowd was on their back. We got lucky when Green collected off the post but we were well worth a point and in our situation it was a good showing.......until we naused it up as usual at the end. Blackwell on the line made a big difference - just imagine if we could get someone decent? We were organised and harder to beat. OK, wouldn't want to watch it every week but we needed a point on Friday, nearly got three.

Comment

Working...
                      X