X Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Block

I have been sitting in x block for around a year now mainly due to it being normally available at short notice and rather lively being so close to the away fans. Banter was good lots of pisss taking to away fans and lots of signing.

Went last week and it was like a library.

Apparently all the guys at he back that generated the whole atmosphere have been thrown out.

it's now rubbish in that area which is a massive shame as it was such a laugh before.

Anyone know why they have been banned....no atmosphere at all now...shiiitttt....

Hmm, that's a shame. I've occasionally sat in X block over the years and always found the banter to be good - primarily because it's so close to the away fans of course. I was in fact sat there when Tricky Trev scored THAT goal, which was just about the perfect place to see it!

Comment

All the ground is getting like a library
      You Rsssssss

Comment

So what's everyone reading?
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I used to be in X but moved to R which I do prefer. Having said that I used to love it when you could give it to the away fans over in X.

Comment

I don't know why the lads who are up for it in Rblock, don't go in Xblock . The away fans might be able to hear them then!

Comment

I decided to to sit there for the Sheff Wed game as X Block is normally lively, but this match was as you had described?

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                I have been sitting in x block for around a year now mainly due to it being normally available at short notice and rather lively being so close to the away fans. Banter was good lots of pisss taking to away fans and lots of signing.

Went last week and it was like a library.

Apparently all the guys at he back that generated the whole atmosphere have been thrown out.

it's now rubbish in that area which is a massive shame as it was such a laugh before.

Anyone know why they have been banned....no atmosphere at all now...shiiitttt....
                Get yourself over to A block in SAR. It's always lively....plenty of Northolt lads there.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                  I don't know why the lads who are up for it in Rblock, don't go in Xblock . The away fans might be able to hear them then!
                  Have always said this, nearly every other ground you go to has the home side's "lively" fans right next to the away fans and it helps generate a better atmosphere.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think you're unlikely to get the R block crew out of... R block. The ones I know, and often stand with, love it there and have been ST holders there for years. Seems like the General has a point, as there was always a very rowdy bunch of lads in X block, but if they've all been thrown out, that would explain the lack of atmosphere there. I think the general lack of atmosphere in the ground we all know about, it's even been discussed at least twice in the meetings with Lee Hoos, and one major issue was siting the family area in the lower loft, which really messed things up atmosphere wise, the other of course, has been the long drawn out farce/saga (take your pick) that has been our last 4 seasons...

I actually suggested to Lee we install some kind of acoustic device above the R block corner, so that the sound generated there gets to be heard across the ground, because I know from sitting in B or C block SA that even when the singing is loud from that corner, most of the rest of the ground can't hear it. He said he liked that idea! So let's see if anything gets done about it (unlikely, I know).

Comment

going to the R's these days is totally dull tbf, I hate to say it but just being honest.

Comment

its

its because the guys who sat at the back have moved back to the q block loft where its always lively
                        and the a block is absolute crap for singing,its only goods when the man with a dog on the stick goes there
                        but hes only alloowed out the nut house periodically
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Problem with the atmosphere IMO, is that we have an ageing fan base due to the wilderness years & Fulham & Chelsea doing well. And that is also why we are just about the only club that goes away & sits down. I'm sure they must be doing the sums & recognise we'll have a problem in a few years.

Comment

Think that atmosphere has been poor for a while now. thought our best atmosphere ironically was the Oldham game back in league 1.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                              Problem with the atmosphere IMO, is that we have an ageing fan base due to the wilderness years & Fulham & Chelsea doing well. And that is also why we are just about the only club that goes away & sits down. I'm sure they must be doing the sums & recognise we'll have a problem in a few years.
                              also because plenty of the geezers have a right go at fans that want to stand. the club ticketing website should have a simple tick box that says do you like to stand or sit? start selling in order from the bottom - up, for sitters. And from the top - downwards, for people that like to stand. Job done.
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                              X