Warburton ......no thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Where we are right now is not because the players aren't any good.
    It's because they've not been able to score more than the opposition more often than not.

Comment

Bullsh*t mate!

Tell me, did the 2 DOF's leave when they appointed a new manager?
      You really need to get your head out of the short term. The appointment was to find a first team coach. Since Warburton left, it became their remit to work with the first team coach to improve the club. But he didn't leave because they wanted to make that change. Its the other way around, They made that change because he left.
      Last edited by nasser95; 09-11-2015, 01:58 PM.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Would have him but I think we missed the boat, also heard he was sounded out and didn't want to work under a DOF, that why he left Brentford he wanted to be in total charge,
        Also is he going to lose one of the biggest teams/ names in football to come to us

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Would have him but I think we missed the boat, also heard he was sounded out and didn't want to work under a DOF, that why he left Brentford he wanted to be in total charge,
          Also is he going to lose one of the biggest teams/ names in football to come to us
          And in that is the main problem, all these names branded about, who wants to work under a DOF or an advisor such as Warnock , not that many i would suggest , you will get the sack anyway in all probability so you might as well make all your own choices ,or as many as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
            If he left one of the largest clubs in the world for QPR then he'd need shooting.
            Can't agree Mafia, they have massive following but they are skint and playing Championship level football at best. If they ever got back to greatness he'd be out for a German or Italian or something. He's a horse for a course, and I bet it wouldn't take much to get him away.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              And in that is the main problem, all these names branded about, who wants to work under a DOF or an advisor such as Warnock , not that many i would suggest , you will get the sack anyway in all probability so you might as well make all your own choices ,or as many as possible.
              Exactly the point I was making, glad you and Dave get it.

Just to be clear, I ain't whinging about the DOF set up, I understand why we're doing it. What I'm saying is that we are going to need to appreciate that it isn't every managers cup of tea. There are going to be plenty of managers that us fans would like to see here that will never come because they won't work under a DOF.
              Last edited by Tarbie; 09-11-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Exactly the point I was making, glad you and Dave get it.

Just to be clear, I ain't whinging about the DOF set up, I understand why we're doing it. What I'm saying is that we are going to need to appreciate that it isn't every managers cup of tea. There are going to be plenty of managers that us fans would like to see here that will never come because they won't work under a DOF.
                Hard work wasn't it Tarbs ! there's a few on here that want to believe what they want to believe , there are managers and there are coaches managers want full control and there are coaches that work with what they are given , imo some of the names that we hear not from the club are men that want full control of players in and players out , if we are mug enough to persuade one of these to join they are likely to be gone by the end of the season or earlier Timmy never signed one player at villa this season and it turned out well for Villa and for Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Hard work wasn't it Tarbs ! there's a few on here that want to believe what they want to believe , there are managers and there are coaches managers want full control and there are coaches that work with what they are given , imo some of the names that we hear not from the club are men that want full control of players in and players out , if we are mug enough to persuade one of these to join they are likely to be gone by the end of the season or earlier Timmy never signed one player at villa this season and it turned out well for Villa and for Timmy
                  You know almost every club in europe runs a DOF/Sporting director setup. You also must know that the best managers in Europe tend not to be in the UK (With one or two exceptions). There's a reason for that.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yaawn we are not in that club , take breath and tell me you could see
                    Alex Ferguson Bill Shankly , Brian clough , Mat Busby , Jock Stien Bob Paesley
                    working under a dof and these are managers that built sides not bought sides
                    But there you go again reading what you want to read or just not reading what
                    you see I was meerly pointing out there are managers and there are coaches and
                    imo we have read names being bandied about of men that that fall into the catorgory
                    managers that wouldn'be happy with a dof
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-11-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      Can't agree Mafia, they have massive following but they are skint and playing Championship level football at best. If they ever got back to greatness he'd be out for a German or Italian or something. He's a horse for a course, and I bet it wouldn't take much to get him away.
                      They are going to get promoted then they'll soon be competing for the title and cups, and at some point playing Champions League football. Again, he'd need shooting to leave them for us.

Comment

Yaawn we are not in that club , take breath and tell me you could see
                        Alex Ferguson Bill Shankly , Brian clough , Mat Busby , Jock Stien Bob Paesley
                        working under a dof and these are managers that built sides not bought sides
                        But there you go again reading what you want to read or just not reading what
                        you see I was meerly pointing out there are managers and there are coaches and
                        imo we have read names being bandied about of men that that fall into the catorgory
                        managers that wouldn'be happy with a dof
                        Closed minded is the word, these are managers from an era which did not have what we do now, this is an era where the DOF will be more important than the manager. The good modern managers will all want to work with a DOF.

Comment

Yes closed minded is the word ! Are you so bloody minded that you dont want to grasp that I was simply stating that the likes of Pearson and others being named might not work for us because they want full control.
                          If you have the right man as dof yes of course it will work , there is debate for and against a dof but even the very best dof has to work with the right manager /coach or a club will constantly be chopping and changing and dishing out non productive money in compo
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 10-11-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I can just imagine the telephone call now.

TF: Hello, is that Nigel?
                            NP: Yes, speaking.
                            TF: Hi Nigel, it's Tony Fernandes. I want to speak to you about the Head Coach job at QPR.
                            NP: That's great Tony. Bit concerned about your options up front though. What have I got to spend?
                            TF: Well you know, we've got Charlie Austin. Top quality striker, doesn't want to be here anymore though and is running his contract down. If you can't get him scoring then we've got a German cart horse with a man-bun who could't hit a donkey's a*se with a banjo. If that doesn't work out I'll give Les 10 bob in January to see what he can pick up on the cheap.
                            NP: .............Hangs up phone!

Comment

Give Warnock a chance to see what he can do with the man with bun 1st Tarbie , come on Ramsey never gave him a chance or perhaps he just couldn't understand Ramsey's hoofdross

Comment

Give Warnock a chance to see what he can do with the man with bun 1st Tarbie , come on Ramsey never gave him a chance or perhaps he just couldn't understand Ramsey's hoofdross
                                To be honest, I don't mind Polter as a squad player. Sometimes it's useful in the Championship to have a battering ram to bring on in the 2nd half or to use on a rainy night on a cr*p pitch away from home. He is not in any way ever going to be prolific though or will he ever be an effective stand in for Charlie.

Comment

Working...
                                X