Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I'm gonna be watching for 2 things: How good Faurlin was and how poor the ref was. Was that even 4 minutes at the end? It didn't seem to be, even including the injury. If he learnt how to count time, he would have given at least 6 minutes added plus given 2 extra for that 'injury' in added time.
    Booked Charlie for winning a 50/50 and wasn't even going to give a free kick until their bloke started rolling around.

Most of his decisions were just guesswork and didn't really have a clue what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I'm gonna be watching for 2 things: How good Faurlin was and how poor the ref was. Was that even 4 minutes at the end? It didn't seem to be, even including the injury. If he learnt how to count time, he would have given at least 6 minutes added plus given 2 extra for that 'injury' in added time.
      Booked Charlie for winning a 50/50 and wasn't even going to give a free kick until their bloke started rolling around.

Most of his decisions were just guesswork and didn't really have a clue what was going on.

Comment

Anyone see when Onuoha was fouled and nothing was given? He has words with the ref and the ref booked him and gave them a free kick! Can a ref give a free kick for being talked to?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Anyone see when Onuoha was fouled and nothing was given? He has words with the ref and the ref booked him and gave them a free kick! Can a ref give a free kick for being talked to?
          Should have been drop ball after talking in my book

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Should have been drop ball after talking in my book
            Thats what I thought too, he stopped the game but not for any offence that would require giving a free kick. Ref was on one today. We seem to have had a fair few refs like that this season.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

free kick for dissent,correct decision.somehow I think someone on here must be faurlins agent,1st half he was excellent however don't remember him being in the game much in the first 20 mins of 2nd half.improvement on toszer and henry most certainly.as he gets more game minutes he will be a valuable asset but there was no way he could keep up the pace he started at for 90 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                That was a 2 footed challenge and potentially leg breaking. Ref should have sent the boy off, that's why Ned was so ####ed and he was absolutely right to be.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by rainham r View Post
                  free kick for dissent,correct decision.somehow I think someone on here must be faurlins agent,1st half he was excellent however don't remember him being in the game much in the first 20 mins of 2nd half.improvement on toszer and henry most certainly.as he gets more game minutes he will be a valuable asset but there was no way he could keep up the pace he started at for 90 mins.
                  Just for the record, in the first 20 minutes of the second half alone, he had 18 touches of the ball. which is just under a first touch every minute, which is a very solid number and his passing was excellent in that period, attempting 16 passes and getting 14 accurate, more than anyone else there. Add on that he had 2 shots in that period and I'd say that he was still good. He was the second highest rated player on the pitch behind Fer for those 20 minutes as well.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Throw in, our player plays it off the back of a Preston player who is not alert or switched on and he tells us to retake it. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by rainham r View Post
                      You can have a free kick decision made against you for dissent?? Never seen that happen apart from today to be honest.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

First ref I've seen miked up and constantly chattering into it. Not a bad first game for a rugby ref

Comment

Thought Faurlin played well. Not sure about him being the best CM we have ever had though. I will put that down to Nasser's youthful exuberance. Would be interesting to see Faurlin's stats against a decent side, one that keeps the ball rather than launch long diagonals constantly. Ref had a shocker, that challenge on Ned looked pretty aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            Thought Faurlin played well. Not sure about him being the best CM we have ever had though. I will put that down to Nasser's youthful exuberance. Would be interesting to see Faurlin's stats against a decent side, one that keeps the ball rather than launch long diagonals constantly. Ref had a shocker, that challenge on Ned looked pretty aggressive.
                            Before his first injury he was doing the same vs the likes of chelsea and spurs!
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Faurllin came through a crunching tackle, played well. Preston put someone on him in the second half and he wasn't as influential
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Faurlin was incredible that first half of the season he was in the prem. Just to show you statistically how good he was, he played 20 league games, made 57.4 passes per game and plenty more touches, having an 80% success rate with them in his first season ever in the top flight. He also made 2.3 interceptions per game, 4.5 successful tackles per game out of 6 attempted (0.8 more per game than any other CM/CDM), won 1.4 out of 2.6 attempted aerial duels per game (more than any Argentinian in the league that season) and played 1.4 key attacking passes per game from a deep lying position. Of all prem players in CM/CDM, he played the 3rd most accurate long balls (behind Modric and O'hara). He was literally always at the top of the statical board and had he not gotten injured, he would have been a big candidate of Team of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X