No announcement yet.

Best team performance of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree and disagree with you Fordy. I do agree that because Ramsey is gone and Warnock is back people seem to be hailing this as a great performance and a turnaround. Imo it wasn't great at all. But I disagree that it was shite. It's a definite improvement imo, we stopped lumping the ball forward every 5 minutes and played ball to feet more often than not. And it's another clean sheet, a clear indication that defensively we are better than we were (we have only conceded 2 in our last 5 games). Up front we seem to have become toothless, but that's nothing that can't be worked on.

See what I did there people? Debating without resorting to handbags.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      Played alright for about half hour without creating or making their keeper work. Another than that it was awful. Its just because Warnock is in charge all of a sudden a shite performance is classed as best performance of the season.
      Agree. Would have been booing at half and full time had Ramsey been in charge plus dropping Austin back into midfield imagine uproar for doing that surprised there is no thread on that

Comment

Best performance of the season? We drew. 0-0. Against PNE. At home .

Comment

No you can't do threads like this all the resident weirdos will only have a pop at you

100% best performance but I'd only expect those with a football brain and an eye for the game to have picked up on your points. Those disputing it clearly haven't a scooby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            No you can't do threads like this all the resident weirdos will only have a pop at you

100% best performance but I'd only expect those with a football brain and an eye for the game to have picked up on your points. Those disputing it clearly haven't a scooby.
            People have to convince themselves that their lives are worthwhile and that their sense of reality is a true foundation for their self esteem.

Comment

Or some just know what they're seeing whilst others haven't a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I agree and disagree with you Fordy. I do agree that because Ramsey is gone and Warnock is back people seem to be hailing this as a great performance and a turnaround. Imo it wasn't great at all. But I disagree that it was shite. It's a definite improvement imo, we stopped lumping the ball forward every 5 minutes and played ball to feet more often than not. And it's another clean sheet, a clear indication that defensively we are better than we were (we have only conceded 2 in our last 5 games). Up front we seem to have become toothless, but that's nothing that can't be worked on.

Very fair point, Ginge. Having been a happy clapper today- for the first time since Sunderland away- I've been wondering if it's the Warnock effect. It may be..... My pal asked what I was smoking.... But there was a significant inprovement today. Especially in passing it around and not resorting to hoof ball. They defended well but I though we were capable of making a goal at any time. We didn't largely because Charlie wasn't at the office. He deserves a day like that... But that there's a team there was certainly evident today. I haven't thought that all season. That's why I'm happy. And clapping......

Comment

I'm glad we are in agreement today Jimmy mate, long may it continue haha
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I'm glad we are in agreement today Jimmy mate, long may it continue haha
                    I only rib you now and again Nas

Marked improvement today in so many areas. People will look at the score and fair enough, but for me we were levels above in certain areas than I'm used to seeing so far this season.

Comment

I only rib you now and again Nas

Marked improvement today in so many areas. People will look at the score and fair enough, but for me we were levels above in certain areas than I'm used to seeing so far this season.
                      That's the truth Jim. Only onwards and upwards. Massive difference today. From a low base, of course. Am amazed folk can't see it.

Comment

I'm not amazed mate said it for ages we have a large portion of ##### in the stands.

Love Rangers but fkkk me we have some 'special' fans at times.

Comment

We did create chances though, we had 8 shots should have had a penalty and they should have been down to 10 men. I'm not trying to call you out here but were you at the game out of curiosity?
                          I don't think Charlie would agree that we created chances. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and that was before JET came on. Much better performance but still plenty to do - Phillips needs to come to the party for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            I don't think Charlie would agree that we created chances. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and that was before JET came on. Much better performance but still plenty to do - Phillips needs to come to the party for a start.
                            Phillips didn't really show up today unfortunately which is a shame because Faurlin was pinging him some absolute beauties today.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Accurate and fair. A much better team performance. Some organisation at last but a long way to go.

Comment

Actually if I was going to define it in 3 words, I'd go with: Facts, Stats, Positivity.

That works for me. Here's one fact: The referee was absolute cack.
                                I'm all for facts, stats & positivity.. much preferable to belief, delusion & prejudice

However, your comment on the referee is not a fact.. at best, it's a biased opinion!
                                Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X