New manager - Foreign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New manager - Foreign

Anyone think we may take the foreign route when appointing a new manager?

I would be a big supporter of this mainly for a different style than your run of the mill 'British' way and also after seeing the fantastic success of two new managers at Leicester and Watford in Ranieri and Quique Sánchez Flores who are both doing fantastic jobs in the Premier League at relatively smallish clubs, I think it's worth looking at.

Granted Ranieri has previous in England but doesn't deflect from the fact he's doing a sterling job at a club with no star players as such. Watford in 11th says it all.

I hope QPR look at all options, and don't be so short sighted to only consider the likes of Warnock and Sherwood.

Yes please. This is actually what I have been waiting for.

Comment

Got to say I think the Huddersfield appointment of Wagner was very bold and shrewd. Wouldn't mind something like that.

Comment

Should we have given Sousa more time??? Look at him now classed as one of the best up and coming managers

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Should we have given Sousa more time??? Look at him now classed as one of the best up and coming managers
          In hindsight yes West but I do remember a sense of relief when he was lodged I'll be honest as his football was so zzzzzzzz

Di Canio was exciting!

Comment

Not bothered if he is from Acton or Timbuktu to be honest, just that he is successful! That would make a nice change!

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
              Not bothered if he is from Acton or Timbuktu to be honest, just that he is successful! That would make a nice change!
              I think you're missing the point. We all want success mate. It's the 'type' of managers we've gone for the last 5-6 times. Samey.

New direction required for me.

Comment

I could be tempted.

Comment

Laudrup
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

Hasselbaink

Comment

Bob Bradley.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

The guy who took Watford up also did a good job.

Comment

In the other thread, I've already given Lucien Favre as my favourite choice if we could. Plays great football and gets a team working together.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Who is Lucien Favre, Nasser95?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

charlie drakes brother in law
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X