Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we still giving the ball away at kick-off with a hoofball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we still giving the ball away at kick-off with a hoofball?

That's not a sign of progress is it? In the pre-match warmup before the game, we're always confusingly treated to a quick five a side passing routine where players move into space to receive and pass the ball, but not during the match. It's the most basic football law isn't it, move into space to look for the ball when in possession. Are the players that thick they don't understand it, or are the managerial staff so thick they don't tell the players that?
    Last edited by Olly; 31-10-2015, 11:35 AM.

Got to say the first 20 minutes or so was some of the worst football i have seen us play in over 40 years of following the RS , never seen such poor passing such nervy passing , know-one was prepared to take a touch bring the ball under control and pass to feet, that suggests no matter what anyone says there is a massive lack of confidence with the players. after that though i thought there was signs towards the end of the first half that we were getting more confident and passing the ball through the midfield instead of over it. But the most worrying of all was when we went 1 down, i thought the response to that was very poor, cant remember to many chances we created apart from Phillips header in 30 mins or so.

Comment

The defence and defensive midfielders got huge abuse yesterday for long ball football all the time and I agree it was awful, however it's not always there fault. When they have the ball look who is actually available to receive it, most of last night it was the back 4 or 5 then 40 yards to the front players so they either get caught in possession or lump forward.

Comment

warming up i was watching chery shooting , he put 4 shots in a row over the bar with no pressure from any defenders , phillips wasn't much better wide , over the bar or powder puff shots . these are highly paid footballers that can't even hit the target with no pressure on them

Comment

Thank you!!! Have never, ever understood why we do this. It's not rugby kicking for territory, just keep the ball. Always feels like it's indicative of how we are planning to play when we punt it long literally from the first whistle

Comment

Working...
          X