Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    All I've done is tried to state facts and as soon as I do, the first thing I get from people is abuse without reading what I post. Positivity gets dried up and hung on here because no one else feels it. I don't intentionally condescended much. The only time I've done it to my recollection was just there in that post. Tell me how you'd react when the first thing you see posted about what you've said is that you're insane, or that no one is surprised that you are positive but no one wants you to be.
    No mate, I said u were angry and insane AFTER you threw your dummy out the pram with the rant at me.

Fer is a midfielder. Sure he can play up front, so can Rob Green if you asked him, but he's a midfielder, a damn good one, and international at that. He is not an International class forward cos he doesn't play there.

Comment

Yet here you are, on a computer screen discussing the game. Please do not patronise me with your bull5hit philosophies about what I do and how the game is played. I know very well how its played and I know damn well how it should be played. Just because you don't want to be happy with what you saw, doesn't mean I can't be. If you give me facts that prove that yesterday we didn't threaten, I might take you more seriously, but you haven't all you've done is criticise things because you need to. Not because its true.
      Apart from feeling like we put them under no real pressure throughout, in pure statistical terms would 1 shot on target in the whole game not indicate that?

It was beyond tedious to be honest, but if you are happy to watch that every week, then good luck to you.

Personally I think you just want to be different and will say we played well, are making progress, doing the right things etc, even if all the evidence points to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        How I would react if 99% of people were saying the opposite thing to me is perhaps I'm wrong on this occasion. It's not about a party line and trying to be positive its about being upfront and honest about what is actually happening

It's like you think you can just brain wash everyone into thinking what your saying is right when your more or less now the only person saying it your WATRB f ucking version of Goebbels

You have been preaching b leeding positivity since last season!!!! Reality check it never worked last season we got relegated and its not working this season either get in the real world Nasser
        Thats the thing though. Its primarily fans on here who are this unhappy. The fans I see before games or after games are a lot more positive. Sure, we all complain, but in general, we are happy with the structure of the club. You say I'm trying to brainwash everyone and yet you are trying to do that to me. I'm here providing my opinion and then providing facts. Everyone else is here complaining about the facts, saying they don't agree with them and then trying to convince me that because they are in agreement, I must be wrong. Here's a reality check for you. I'm never gonna agree with you guys on this, deal with it like I deal with you guys. If you don't want to see positivity, block me, don't go out, do whatever you want to be miserable about what you see on a saturday afternoon. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the football and keep posting when I feel like posting, instead of taking a break from it because others aren't happy with what I have to say.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Fer has the same qualities as JET in terms of size, strength, better jumping, Passing, dribbling, long shooting. Just because a player is listed in a position, doesn't mean he can't play in another. But people just wanna criticise CR so they will find anything they can.
          By your logic someone like Steven Nzonzi could be played up front or patrick Viera.

Comment

All I've done is tried to state facts and as soon as I do, the first thing I get from people is abuse without reading what I post. Positivity gets dried up and hung on here because no one else feels it. I don't intentionally condescended much. The only time I've done it to my recollection was just there in that post. Tell me how you'd react when the first thing you see posted about what you've said is that you're insane, or that no one is surprised that you are positive but no one wants you to be.
            last week i got into it with you nasser about whether or not lampard and gerrard were world class , you're mate jumped on my post and called me a weirdo amongst other insults. you never said in any of your posts he was out of order

Comment

• Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
              Apart from feeling like we put them under no real pressure throughout, in pure statistical terms would 1 shot on target in the whole game not indicate that?

It was beyond tedious to be honest, but if you are happy to watch that every week, then good luck to you.

Personally I think you just want to be different and will say we played well, are making progress, doing the right things etc, even if all the evidence points to the contrary.
              2 shots on target. And the statistics also showed that 6 shots were blocked and only one of those were outside the box. Meanwhile, none of their shots were blocked or on target. All off target and only 1 or 2 were particularly close. Calling it tedious is an opinion but at least you acknowledge that. My opinion was that I enjoyed watching that game, happy to see a clean sheet and signs of improvement at the back. Happy to see Sandro starting and finishing a full game. Happy to see Luongo back in the starting line up too.

Also, I don't do it just to be different, I do it because thats legitimately how I feel.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thats the thing though. Its primarily fans on here who are this unhappy. The fans I see before games or after games are a lot more positive. Sure, we all complain, but in general, we are happy with the structure of the club. You say I'm trying to brainwash everyone and yet you are trying to do that to me. I'm here providing my opinion and then providing facts. Everyone else is here complaining about the facts, saying they don't agree with them and then trying to convince me that because they are in agreement, I must be wrong. Here's a reality check for you. I'm never gonna agree with you guys on this, deal with it like I deal with you guys. If you don't want to see positivity, block me, don't go out, do whatever you want to be miserable about what you see on a saturday afternoon. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the football and keep posting when I feel like posting, instead of taking a break from it because others aren't happy with what I have to say.
                Keep posting Nas, it's all about opinions on here and you definately have one. But in this instance I'd say 95% have a opposing view, so if you continue to pee against the wind expect to get a bit wet and don't get angry about it.

We're all in the same boat and 100% of us wanna see a successful Qpr, everyones views on how we get there is another matter..

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
                  By your logic someone like Steven Nzonzi could be played up front or patrick Viera.
                  Well, not really because Fer also shows good positioning and finishing, as we have seen in the past. He's an accurate header of the ball and he makes smart runs and brings others into the game. Thats what you want in a striker. Thats what makes JET a good striker potentially and those are attributes that fer has shown. With that being said, of course I'd rather have him in midfield as that is his best position. But saying he can't be a good striker or that bringing him on shows that we had no ambition yesterday was ludicrous to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    Keep posting Nas, it's all about opinions on here and you definately have one. But in this instance I'd say 95% have a opposing view, so if you continue to pee against the wind expect to get a bit wet and don't get angry about it.

We're all in the same boat and 100% of us wanna see a successful Qpr, everyones views on how we get there is another matter..
                    That's fine mate. But its a two way street. I wouldn't get that angry at others opposing me if they didn't do it so unnecessarily aggressively. I get called a preacher and yet I'm getting preached to by many others. Not saying you are one of them - at least you read my posts.

Comment

Well, not really because Fer also shows good positioning and finishing, as we have seen in the past. He's an accurate header of the ball and he makes smart runs and brings others into the game. Thats what you want in a striker. Thats what makes JET a good striker potentially and those are attributes that fer has shown. With that being said, of course I'd rather have him in midfield as that is his best position. But saying he can't be a good striker or that bringing him on shows that we had no ambition yesterday was ludicrous to me.
                      That's exactly what it showed, lack of ambition. Why not keep JET on and Bring Fer on for Sandro/Toszer/Luongo thus getting your 2 most forward thinking players and likely goalscorers on in a home game we really should be winning?

Comment

That's fine mate. But its a two way street. I wouldn't get that angry at others opposing me if they didn't do it so unnecessarily aggressively. I get called a preacher and yet I'm getting preached to by many others. Not saying you are one of them - at least you read my posts.
                        People probably get pissed because you bang on relentlessly and continually defend (imo) the indefensible. People are frustrated because they see this season as a chance to get back to the big time with our squad. Ramsey said when he took over in Feb that we were gonna play an expansive, fast passing attacking game. There so far has been little evidence of this and people's (and mine) patience is wearing thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          That's exactly what it showed, lack of ambition. Why not keep JET on and Bring Fer on for Sandro/Toszer/Luongo thus getting your 2 most forward thinking players and likely goalscorers on in a home game we really should be winning?
                          Ramsey explained post match that JET picked up a knock on friday and we've had to be precautionary. Before I get called out by someone saying he should have had someone on the bench like Polter, I said in another thread that I agree that he should have. But I would rather see JET start on Saturday than Polter because I think it will be better for us from the get go. Hence, a necessity to take of JET very likely existed and watching him, he did look much slower as the game wore on.

Comment

Ramsey explained post match that JET picked up a knock on friday and we've had to be precautionary. Before I get called out by someone saying he should have had someone on the bench like Polter, I said in another thread that I agree that he should have. But I would rather see JET start on Saturday than Polter because I think it will be better for us from the get go. Hence, a necessity to take of JET very likely existed and watching him, he did look much slower as the game wore on.
                            Not gonna argue with any of that.

Comment

But who has told you not to post?? I think you post in the main total b ollocks but fairly sure you you think the same of my input

You do make good points but their lost with everything else you submerge it with. And this is my opinion so don't speak for others but I would say you do preach. You offer your stats base your opinion on that and think because you have percentages etc your right!!!

We don't see the stats you refer too, how do we know your not making them up to suit your position? How do we know your even interepting them correctly. Stats are great but you can make them sound however you want them too

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                But who has told you not to post?? I think you post in the main total b ollocks but fairly sure you you think the same of my input

You do make good points but their lost with everything else you submerge it with. And this is my opinion so don't speak for others but I would say you do preach. You offer your stats base your opinion on that and think because you have percentages etc your right!!!

We don't see the stats you refer too, how do we know your not making them up to suit your position? How do we know your even interepting them correctly. Stats are great but you can make them sound however you want them too
                                Read up man, I've been told in this thread to take a break from the forum and re-evaluate.

I've told you my resources and where possible, I have posted some work I've looked at in interpreting them. I will tell you exactly the stat and what it means and I have no reason to lie. I'm not trying to make the club sound better than it is, I'm telling you exactly what exists. If someone asks me to find them something I will (A la Onuoha's pass success forward against Bolton I think). I don't want people thinking that I'm making them up as I go. I use Statszone and whoscored primarily but will occassionally delve into the database I got from EA when I need to.

Comment

Working...
                                X