Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Welcome to pedants corner everybody, where Nasser and I will continue to debate the minutiae of whether Clint Hill actually touched the ball or not until one of us retires with battle fatigue. Before that happens, I would like to say that the trajectory does NOT clearly change, far from it. I don't think it changes at all.
    Then you must really re evaluate. The video feed highlights it very very clearly. All I'm asking is you look at the pattern on the ball. That's all I'm asking. The patterns definitely rotate at an angle different to how it was before the frame of clint touching it. I honestly don't really care if you believe me or not but to say that the trajectory change isn't visible is damning to my editing qualities
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I don't think the patterns change direction. Trajectory doesn't change.

I think they spent less time analysing JFK's assassination footage.

Comment

I don't think the patterns change direction. Trajectory doesn't change.

I think they spent less time analysing JFK's assassination footage.
        They may have and even more embarrassing is that the footage shows it clear as day. I mean, I can't exactly slow it down much more beyond what it is here without it being a collection of photos. There is 100% contact made, I get that you aren't exactly a fan of the stuff I post but it is so clear here that trying to validate a factual error on your part much longer would just be overkill for an incorrect outlook.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          They may have and even more embarrassing is that the footage shows it clear as day. I mean, I can't exactly slow it down much more beyond what it is here without it being a collection of photos. There is 100% contact made, I get that you aren't exactly a fan of the stuff I post but it is so clear here that trying to validate a factual error on your part much longer would just be overkill for an incorrect outlook.
          I'm not sure where you get this I'm not "exactly a fan of the stuff I post" idea from Nasser, this is the first and only time I've criticised something you've posted. And even this is simply a disagreement, it's not personal. I'd like you to realise that.
          So just as you've made that assumption without any actual evidence, so you have equally convinced yourself you're right about this video, apparently. Unfortunately for you, at the absolute key moment in the video footage, there is a glitch, the frame rate means it actually misses the moment when JFK Hill's foot does or does not make contact with the ball. You cannot, therefore, back up the statement you made earlier that you are 100% right on this.
          If, however, you follow the trajectory of the ball, you can see it makes a smooth arc that does not change when passing Clint's boot on the grassy knoll. The fact that Lee Harvey Oswald can be seen lurking in the crowd is neither here nor there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            This may be true, however the ball was travelling away from the position in which the striker was moving. This would suggest to me at least that the chance had been stopped and Hill's challenge was big enough for it to be considered a successful tackle. Hence, why I don't think the foul could be given.
            That does not negate the foul. The ball does not need to be in the vicinity for a foul to be committed. If a goalkeeper boots the ball up the pitch and then, after the ball is long gone, trips a forward who happens to still be in the area, it is a penalty.

However, the changed direction of the ball may mean that it would not have been a clear goal scoring opportunity, in which case Clint should have seen yellow rather than red. But no card at all for that foul seems wrong to me.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• At the time from where i was in the Upper Loft ,i was 100% sure it was foul ,no contact with the ball and should have been a red , but now after seeing that video ,it seems quite clear Clint got the ball first ( albeit a reckless challenge that could easily have cost us the game ) , the ref ( and Nas ) has got it spot on ,in my book.
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Nass, your argument and video are entirely moot because Clint clearly fouls Sougo after his alleged ball contact, by pulling at his foot and causing him to completely lose balance and fall, further resulting in his (suspected shoulder dislocation) injury.

Ironically, seconds 3 and 4 of your video proves that beyond all reasonable doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Nass, your argument and video are entirely moot because Clint clearly fouls Sougo after his alleged ball contact, by pulling at his foot and causing him to completely lose balance and fall, further resulting in his (suspected shoulder dislocation) injury.

Ironically, seconds 3 and 4 of your video proves that beyond all reasonable doubt.
                  This!!!! it is a foul for the foot grab alone

Comment

• Hubs, the ball changes its trajectory after the attacker makes his touch, as in it moves away from his foot in one direction then changes direction again, it's as clear as.
                    Think about where the ref is as well. He's behind the attacker so must have seen this change, otherwise why no card at all
                    As for clint grabbing his foot, being the honest pro that he is, I reckon clint noticed the fellas lace was undone and was just trying to be helpful
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

• Lets just say that whilst video splits opinions, most Refs would have sent Clint off on Tuesday night and none of us would have had too much to say about it, as it looked stonewall. We got lucky and Clint made a big difference to the back line and helped us gain our first clean sheet at Loftus Road this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Lets just say that whilst video splits opinions, most Refs would have sent Clint off on Tuesday night and none of us would have had too much to say about it, as it looked stonewall. We got lucky and Clint made a big difference to the back line and helped us gain our first clean sheet at Loftus Road this season.
                        Agreed.
                        Will Danaher

Comment

• Still changed trajectory though
                          Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            Still changed trajectory though
                            Didn't!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              Lets just say that whilst video splits opinions, most Refs would have sent Clint off on Tuesday night and none of us would have had too much to say about it, as it looked stonewall. We got lucky and Clint made a big difference to the back line and helped us gain our first clean sheet at Loftus Road this season.
                              Bang on.

Great debate on this thread and well done statto Nas for bringing it up.

Comment

Didn't!

:
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X