Chris and Les: clearing up some misconceptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris and Les: clearing up some misconceptions

I've noticed it here and on the QPR podcast, and it differs from what I've been led to believe.

Just highlighting this post as an example:

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    For the record, CR is the coach, he doesn't buy players. LF does.
    That's not quite correct Cali. I did an interview with Fedinand and Ramsey for WATRB along with the other fan sites at the start of the season.

Basically the way it works is CR controls formations and tactics. Pre-transfer window he then targeted which positions we were deficient in and relays that to LF. Les then targets and buys the players, however Ramsey also has a say in the player targets (eg Hall, Luongo) The contracts and negotiations are then left to LF, whilst Lee Hoos controls the budgets and purse-strings. Les is a presence on the training ground, whilst Chris takes charge of all the sessions.

just proves my point on some earlier posts that these 2 are inept at their jobs and should be got rid of ASAP, both to blame pair of clowns who dont know what they're doing come on Tony pull the trigger

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      just proves my point on some earlier posts that these 2 are inept at their jobs and should be got rid of ASAP, both to blame pair of clowns who dont know what they're doing come on Tony pull the trigger
      Yeah let's hire and fire like the good old days. Brilliant. That'll work. We'll get the next guy in and if he loses a few games or we play badly a few games he can p*ss off too. Etc etc etc. It's fool proof.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I would expect him to have a say, but the final decision must lay with the DOF, otherwise no point having him. I personally think they are doing quite well.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Think between them, they have got more right than wrong. All on a very strict budget.

They are obviously quite close, which everyone seems to point out as a negative. Is only a positive for me, last think you want is the DOF pi$$ing off the manager like has been seen at many other clubs in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            Think between them, they have got more right than wrong. All on a very strict budget.

They are obviously quite close, which everyone seems to point out as a negative. Is only a positive for me, last think you want is the DOF pi$$ing off the manager like has been seen at many other clubs in the past.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              I would expect him to have a say, but the final decision must lay with the DOF
              But the strong impression I got from the meeting is if Ramsey doesn't ALSO rate the player, then he won't be signed. The only area CR does not get involved with is the business side (contracts, negotiations, agents, budgets etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Yeah let's hire and fire like the good old days. Brilliant. That'll work. We'll get the next guy in and if he loses a few games or we play badly a few games he can p*ss off too. Etc etc etc. It's fool proof.
                What I want is someone who knows what they're doing which these 2 obviously dont, No manager worth his salt will come and work under a DOF? so he's really feathered his nest, brought in his mate on a 3 year contract and cant sack him because it would show the DOF to be inept in his judgement. i want someone who can do a good steady job. Ramsey has been in charge long enough for most to see he's not up to it and is a youth team coach which is where he should've stayed developing academy players to progress into the first team squad, i'm sorry but he's not shown me in any way he's up to the job, made poor tacticle and team selection when took over last season and hasn't got any better this year,Henry,Tozser ,Perch, Angella,Mackie

Comment

What I want is someone who knows what they're doing which these 2 obviously dont, No manager worth his salt will come and work under a DOF? so he's really feathered his nest, brought in his mate on a 3 year contract and cant sack him because it would show the DOF to be inept in his judgement i want someone who can do a good steady job Ramsey has been in charge long enough for most to see he's not up to it and is a youth team coach which is where he should've stayed developing academy players to progress into the first team squad, i'm sorry but he's not shown me in any way he's up to the job, made poor tacticle and team selection when took over last season and hasn't got any better this year,Henry,Tozser ,Perch, Angella,Mackie
                  You lost credibility with this statement.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

What I want is someone who knows what they're doing which these 2 obviously dont, No manager worth his sort will come and work under a DOF? so he's really feathered his nest, brought in his mate on a 3 year contract and cant sack him because it would show the DOF to be inept in his judgement i want someone who can do a good steady job Ramsey has been in charge long enough for most to see he's not up to it and is a youth team coach which is where he should've stayed developing academy players to progress into the first team squad, i'm sorry but he's not shown me in any way he's up to the job, made poor tacticle and team selection when took over last season and hasn't got any better this year,Henry,Tozser ,Perch, Angella,Mackie
                    You were expecting a turnaround to happen straight away? This new system was never ever going to make us promotion material straight away. They both said this season is about consolidation, and they're on course tI do that. Yet again this is about fans with over-inflated expectations (probably understandably due to Austin and Co staying). We are not going up this season, it was never the main aim. Scrapping this new system after a couple of months just because we aren't a few places higher up the table is a ridiculous idea. I realise on here it's like talking to a brick wall, but give it time. This new regime is going to take longer than a couple of months to get things right and clear up the mess left from last season.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      You were expecting a turnaround to happen straight away? This new system was never ever going to make us promotion material straight away. They both said this season is about consolidation, and they're on course tI do that. Yet again this is about fans with over-inflated expectations (probably understandably due to Austin and Co staying). We are not going up this season, it was never the main aim. Scrapping this new system after a couple of months just because we aren't a few places higher up the table is a ridiculous idea. I realise on here it's like talking to a brick wall, but give it time. This new regime is going to take longer than a couple of months to get things right and clear up the mess left from last season.
                      biggest understatement going. As Nasser said no credibility in the statement as he says no decent manager would work under a DOF.

Comment

Basically, a lot of people wanted Mark Warburton to come in and got annoyed when it became clear he wouldn't because we ran a DOF with Head coach system. So they naturally assume that all good managers hate DOF's. Little do they know that at some clubs, such as Liverpool and I think Dortmund, they actually ran a transfer commitee and Look who the managers there have been. Hardly managers not worth their salt.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Basically, a lot of people wanted Mark Warburton to come in and got annoyed when it became clear he wouldn't because we ran a DOF with Head coach system. So they naturally assume that all good managers hate DOF's. Little do they know that at some clubs, such as Liverpool and I think Dortmund, they actually ran a transfer commitee and Look who the managers there have been. Hardly managers not worth their salt.
                          look what happened to Liverpools manager! Ramsey next please

Comment

look what happened to Liverpools manager! Ramsey next please
                            You just let the point go straight over your head didn't you. You know a lot of foreign teams use DOF setups because they work better.

Comment

how have i lost credability i'm right by saying most managers wont work under a so called DOF, I actually thought we would be lucky to finish in the top half of the division but with the squad Ramsey has at his disposal now arguably the best in the division, consolidation should not even be on the table it should be play offs at worst, hes been inept since he took over,show me where he's been good ? tactically and his team selection is bewildering sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X