England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Real old fashion toe to toe fighting in the ground for ten minutes before thd game started and also when we scored the first goal

QPR and Luton fighting last night plus trouble in various bars with tazors being used and loads arrested
    Sounds like a fantastic holiday. I bet you wished you were working?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Can someone please, please give me me one good reason why Vardy is in the team? Surely there are better alternatives than him!

Comment

Yeah he won't be mate when Sturridge and welbeck are fit. I think Barkley can be a real player. Has a good footballing brain. Well done england. This is clearly the best team we've had in years so let's give them a break.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Real old fashion toe to toe fighting in the ground for ten minutes before thd game started and also when we scored the first goal

QPR and Luton fighting last night plus trouble in various bars with tazors being used and loads arrested

Please tell me Lootown got spanked. I couldn't bear it otherwise.....

Comment

I used to get pumped to watch England but not any more. It seems to me that the quality of our squad is a little worse with each new World Cup. And all these matches against myriad European break away countries hold no interest for me whatsoever. England vs. San Marino? I wouldn't bother to turn on my TV for that, much less pay good money to watch it live. It seems as though many feel the same way I do, since England's home attendances seem to be on the decline.

I think a big part of the problem is that in football, cheats really do prosper, and it really isn't the English way. Saw a bit of the Poland vs. Ireland match and Lewandowski really is an embarassement, the way he curls up his legs underneath him and throws up his arms and flops to the ground anytime he feels any contact whatsoever. Thank goodness there is relatively little of that bullchip in the Championship.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Unfortunately I think England will fail yet again when the tournament commences
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Unfortunately I think England will fail yet again when the tournament commences
                Naturally.

Comment

Hope you come home Safe Paul (after spanking Luton of course hate them!!!!) as 76 says hope we came out on top in that one

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                    I used to get pumped to watch England but not any more. It seems to me that the quality of our squad is a little worse with each new World Cup. And all these matches against myriad European break away countries hold no interest for me whatsoever. England vs. San Marino? I wouldn't bother to turn on my TV for that, much less pay good money to watch it live. It seems as though many feel the same way I do, since England's home attendances seem to be on the decline.

I think a big part of the problem is that in football, cheats really do prosper, and it really isn't the English way. Saw a bit of the Poland vs. Ireland match and Lewandowski really is an embarassement, the way he curls up his legs underneath him and throws up his arms and flops to the ground anytime he feels any contact whatsoever. Thank goodness there is relatively little of that bullchip in the Championship.
                    i watched the poland game great atmosphere, lewandowski fell over every 50/50 challenge , great goalscorer really lets himself down with his continue cheating

Comment

So to get back on track, If Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Vardy, Ings, Austin, Kane, Walcott, Sterling, were all fit and playing averagely what 6 would you take (counting starter and a backup for each of the front three positions). Anyone you feel is missing dont hesitate to include instead.

Comment

Rooney is NEVER getting drooped but I'd leave him & have Welbeck, Sturridge, Kane, Sterling, Walcott. They can all play across the front.

Maybe one of Berahino/Ings/Vardy depending on form & injuries. Zaha is worth a shout too, would prefer him to Townsend on the wing.

Add Oxlade, Lallana, Barkley and that makes a decent, versatile attack.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          So to get back on track, If Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Vardy, Ings, Austin, Kane, Walcott, Sterling, were all fit and playing averagely what 6 would you take (counting starter and a backup for each of the front three positions). Anyone you feel is missing dont hesitate to include instead.
                          Not sure there are three positions up front. A 23 player squad typically has only 4, possibly 5, strikers (before nasser posts some counter examples, I said "typically" not "always" ). I don't watch Arsenal much but is Walcott an out and out striker? I always think of him as more of an attacking midfielder.

For the pure striker positions, I think you need to have a variety of players who each bring something different. If I'm picking 4, I'd certainly want Kane, Welbeck, Rooney. A bit of a toss up for my 4th striker but I'd take Charlie ahead of Ings or Vardy. So, 4th striker would be Charlie or Sturridge for me. I'd include Walcott as a midfielder who can be used as a striker if necessary.
                          Last edited by dsqpr; 14-10-2015, 04:36 AM.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                          X