No announcement yet.

Latest on the new stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that even if we do get some positive news on the stadium Car Giant are going to drag this out for years to come so not confident that we'll get a new stadium in the immediate to mid term future.....

Comment

Hopeful of this getting done. Been in favour of a new ground for a long time.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Yay
        Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Just my opinion mate, if we do get it, I'd be surprised.
        Cannot sort out a bog standard visa for a player, cannot run the club in any coherent way, but people fully expect the clowns to get planning permission and build a 40k stadium and fill it with drossball.

Much like the training ground, will only believe it when someone posts a pic on here of the first brick on the soil.
        Sadly, I agree with you Hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Just my opinion mate, if we do get it, I'd be surprised.
          Cannot sort out a bog standard visa for a player, cannot run the club in any coherent way, but people fully expect the clowns to get planning permission and build a 40k stadium and fill it with drossball.

Much like the training ground, will only believe it when someone posts a pic on here of the first brick on the soil.
          I agree with this.

Fernandes talks a good game but hasn't delivered on any of his promises so I can't see this happening.

Comment

But this is no longer TF speaking, this is the local authorities, anything to #### the guy off, I believe we will get both the training ground and stadium, it will be delayed but that will have nothing to do with TF or the club, we are not talking about building up north, we are talking about the heart of London!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
              But this is no longer TF speaking, this is the local authorities, anything to #### the guy off, I believe we will get both the training ground and stadium, it will be delayed but that will have nothing to do with TF or the club, we are not talking about building up north, we are talking about the heart of London!
              This is another reason I don't buy this consolidation talk,if the above comes to fruition we need to be in the top league
              and getting all the foreign visitors in and not damaging our existing fanbase as think we arei
              Last edited by Bill; 05-10-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                This is another reason I don't buy this consolidation talk,if the above comes to fruition we need to be in the top league
                and getting all the foreign visitors in and not damaging our existing fanbase as think we arei
                We will not see a stadium for another 5+ years, so consolidation works, it's a long term plan all around, Ramsey might get more time than any other manager because of this longterm plan, he would have to put the team in relegation trouble to be sacked.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  We will not see a stadium for another 5+ years, so consolidation works, it's a long term plan all around, Ramsey might get more time than any other manager because of this longterm plan, he would have to put the team in relegation trouble to be sacked.
                  i'd say nearer 7-10 yrs. especially with linking in with all the other old oak stuff like HS2 or whatever. whenever a govt infrastructure project is a dependency on your thing opening the doors, expect delays.

good post though cali.
                  consolidation now, will be all worth it if we have a swansea or southampton like club in 5 years time.
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Agree!!
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Agree that our best bet is having it incorporated into the regeneration/gentrification of the area around Willesden Junction, it's going to take ages though..

Just for some perspective Spurs have been planning their stadium for the last 10 years (maybe more?) and still won't see it finished for 3+ years, and that's with subsidies/help from the council & government.

Just gotta make sure we don't plummet into the lower leagues over the next few years and it should come good, especially if the Mittals, TF & his backers are still involved.

Comment

By the time all the ducks line up and we're finally ready to move I reckon Loftus Road will be so old it will be a grade I listed building and a UN World Heritage Site so we'll be unable to sell it and any move will be kyboshed. We will be doomed to spending all eternity there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          By the time all the ducks line up and we're finally ready to move I reckon Loftus Road will be so old it will be a grade I listed building and a UN World Heritage Site so we'll be unable to sell it and any move will be kyboshed. We will be doomed to spending all eternity there.
                          sounds good to me
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                            sounds good to me
                            Let me guess. You're 5ft 7 and medium build?
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Looooooool
                                Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X