5-3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-3-2

The last 5 days has surely shown us two things.

1) one up front, especially at home is not the way to win games.

We just played a team that hadn't won away from home since February and another that hadn't won yet this season and had failed to take the lead in a game since April and yet we only just managed a single point from both games.

5 points lost that were there for the taking.

Pathetic.

2) Ramsey is clearly not cut out for management (but I think that may have been mentioned elsewhere !)

Originally posted by rodman View Post

We just played a team that hadn't won away from home since February and another that hadn't won yet this season and had failed to take the lead in a game since April and yet we only just managed a single point from both games.

Pathetic.

2) Ramsey is clearly not cut out for management (but I think that may have been mentioned elsewhere !)
    Remind me how many goals we have scored this season as playing 1 up front isn't defensive formation

What would help would drop Henry and play Doughty with either Faurlin/Toszer which would push the midfield 2 further forward and make us press higher up the pitch

Have a bit of patience and judge the team in January/February

I would snapped your hands off for this amount of points after 7 games
    We Are The People.....

Comment

I've got a great big spot on the side of me hooter,was bitten by the lesser spotted tiger mosquito whilst taking a cheeky nap poolside.we're be there or there abouts at the end of the season.it's all about the banter at rangers, different breed of London us lot
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

ints lost that were there for the taking.

Pathetic.

is clearly not cut out for management (but I think that may have been mentioned elsewhere !)

I agree but its so fashionable and attractive

Comment

Pathetic.

it obviously is working because look how many goals we score! How can people focus on that when the defence is leaking goals?

The midfield passing and the defence leaking goals is why we have got 1 point out of the last two games.

It's absolutely nothing to do with playing one up top

Comment

Originally posted by QPR17 View Post
            it obviously is working because look how many goals we score! How can people focus on that when the defence is leaking goals?

The midfield passing and the defence leaking goals is why we have got 1 point out of the last two games.

It's absolutely nothing to do with playing one up top
            People choose to see what they want to see mate. If it looks like it will be Anti-CR, you bet that certain people will be all over it. We've scored more than anyone in the league this season playing 1 up front, why must we change that. The only true issue is the lack of protection for our defence from our midfield. Do people really think removing a midfielder would improve this?
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              People choose to see what they want to see mate. If it looks like it will be Anti-CR, you bet that certain people will be all over it. We've scored more than anyone in the league this season playing 1 up front, why must we change that. The only true issue is the lack of protection for our defence from our midfield. Do people really think removing a midfielder would improve this?

Total sense!!

Comment

We've scored more goals than anyone else in the division so 2 up front doesn't hold water. That said we've leaked the most goals along with Ipswich. Maybe we should be playing 6 at the back!

Comment

5-3-2

This is my formation.

Green

Mackie Chief Hall Angella Yun

Luonga Sandro Fer

Phillips Austin

Mackie and Yun bombing up the flanks

Comment

I agree back three is worth seriously considering

Comment

a few missing faces in that side, which should be a good thing, as I suppose we all could pick different teams good on paper. There's the rub, why are we so poor at the moment?
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I'd prefer 321 with Ted Rodgers up front.

Comment

Stop fcking about go 4 4 2 , & play to the strengths of our only goalscorer .

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                            I'd prefer 321 with Ted Rodgers up front.
                            Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                              This is my formation.

Green

Mackie Chief Hall Angella Yun

Luonga Sandro Fer

Phillips Austin

Mackie and Yun bombing up the flanks
                              Not a bad idea and looks good on paper. However, we saw when redknapp tried this, it is a difficult system to get right. Need experienced players who have played as the RWB/LWB previously for it to work. Think they are the lynchpin to whether the system works.

Comment

Working...
                              X