Tough job for Ramsey now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough job for Ramsey now ?

Bearing in mind his keeness to blood & develope youngster, we have a huge 1st team squad to keep happy. And we've started well. so dropping current incumbants could prove devisive.

Green, Smithies, Lumley
    Perch, Furlong (Harriman)
    Konchesky, Yun, Kpekawa, Robinson, Traore
    Onouha, Hill
    Angella, Hall (Caulker)
    Henry, Sandro, Doughty, (Gobern)
    Faurlin, Tozser, Diakite, Comley
    Luongo, Fer, JET, Manning, Sutherland
    Chery, Gladwin, Hoilett, Grego-Cox
    Phillips, Mackie, Petrasso
    Austin, Polter, Blackwood

1st team squad of 36 (+3 out on loan) and I know I've missed 1
    Obviously a few youngsters will go out on loan - Comley, Sutherland, Petrasso, Manning & G-Cox, and possibly Traore & Hoilett. but that still leaves 30+

Great strength in depth but tough to keep everyone happy.
    Good luck to him.
    I'm starting to really look forward to the season now (could get too enthused while the trasfer window was open.

Looking at those names think you can get squad down to 25/26 as think kids will go out on loan aside from Furlong, Doughty and maybe kpekwa. Robinson out for the season Traore won't get sniff possibly not Hoilett either

Looks decent still

Comment

A few youngsters like Sutherland will go on loan o expect.

Hill won't be used to often and you can cross hoilett and traore of the list all together. Can only see them being used if we somead injury crisis.

Apart from that Ramsey is in managerial dream land with that lot to choose from.

Comment

As I said in another thread, that squad would have stayed up last season, end of next season, we lose Hill,Paul K, and maybe Green, Henry, send the youngsters out on loan so they can step in and replace these guys next season, we will be really on our way to re building the squad!
        Kept the faith!

Comment

No excuses to not finish in the playoff spots
          R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
            That should be the minimum target imo. With the squad we have you have to back yourself to go for the title with the quality we have got.

Best striker in the league, two of the best wingers, fer is a outstanding number 10 and luongo a excellent prospect. Faurlin, tozer and Sandro are very good at his level and I think ned up there as one of the best cb's and apparently angella is suppose to be a very decent player. That's backed up by two very good goalkeepers.

Only Derby and hull have squads with the depth of quality we do and I'd still say we might just edge it.

Comment

Robinsom is not out for the season, he got injured middle of last season and was hoped to be clear to train again in September. Hope he's playing again soon after, but it will probably be on loan.

We have about 16 players out of contract next May !

Comment

No excuses for Ramsey now and a chance to prove himself.

Comment

Up until now our promotion challenge has been a bit under the radar. We have been written off to some extent because of off-field turbulence and the expected departures of big names. That hasn't happened and now the focus will be on Ramsey. Wd be very surprised if there is another squad in this division which has cost more to assemble than ours, don't know if anyone can confirm?

Comment

I think in reality we should be looking to find loan moves for Kpekwa, Traore, Robinson (for at least a month on 2 when he's coming back to fitness), Diakite, Hoilett, Comley, Manning, Grego-Cox, Petrasso, Sutherland and maybe even Blackwood.

No use in having a squad of 30 plus players, especially when there is a couple in there that have been told they have no future and a load of youngsters that need games to aid their development. Better to get whatever we can back in salary for Traore and Hoilett, even if it is only half of what we're paying them and best to get the youngsters out playing. We can always write in a recall clause for if we get injuries.

Comment

The toughest bit for him will be coping with the sudden expectation. Up until now there was none, we all pretty much expected a season of nothingness to "consolidate". However, suddenly we have kept an abundance of talent and there's a new expectation aorund the club which brings with it pressure to deliver. Be interesting to see how he copes. I, personally, really hope he delivers.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        The toughest bit for him will be coping with the sudden expectation. Up until now there was none, we all pretty much expected a season of nothingness to "consolidate". However, suddenly we have kept an abundance of talent and there's a new expectation aorund the club which brings with it pressure to deliver. Be interesting to see how he copes. I, personally, really hope he delivers.
                        Hopefully he'll be fine.

He's actually in a great position. How many managers less than 1 year into football management have been lucky enough to have the opportunity he has? Massive financial backing by the board, a squad with at least 3 or 4 players that are really too good for the division, last seasons top scoring Englishman in the Prem leading his front line. He really does have everything he needs to make himself into a real fans favourite!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Be carefull Matty you have just said what I posted on another thread and got slagged off for ' by some that that read something different to what you post

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                            Exactly he has no excuses with the squad he has now not to get automatic? let alone play offs, What team really has a better squad than us? Austin no better striker in the league, Phillips Fer Sandro Chery Luongo Green Onouha Henry? the experiance of Konchesky Yun J.E.T,his buy (Hoillett& Traore although these are unlikely to feature again and prob sent out on loan) and a whole host of others at his disposal, he really is unable to come out with a load of ######## excuses anymore lets see how good he is, if he cant get this squad up he needs to be relieved of his managerial duties come the end of the season

Comment

Is the whole 25 man squad a premiership thing? not sure if it is different rules for prem and championship, but do we have to name 25, or is it different now?

Comment

Working...
                              X