Rangers record scorers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    A few of our more recent 50+ goalscorers - names just from memory, stats from wikipedia:
    Rodney Marsh - 106 goals in 211 apps (1 goal per 1.99 apps)
    Stan Bowles - 97 goals in 315 apps (1 goal per 3.25 apps)
    Kevin Gallen - 90 goals in 369 apps (1 goal per 4.1 apps)
    Les Ferdinand - 80 goals in 163 apps (1 goal per 2.0 apps)
    Don Givens - 76 goals in 242 apps (1 goal per 3.18 apps)
    Clive Allen - 72 goals in 136 apps (1 goal per 1.89 apps)
    Mick Leach - 61 goals in 313 apps (1 goal per 5.1 apps)
    Gerry Francis - 53 goals in 295 apps (1 goal per 5.57 apps)

Charlie Austin - 39* goals in 71* apps (1 goal per 1.82 apps)
    * Just using the current wikipedia numbers
    Impressive stats D.

Want Charlie to get in that list, you can do it.

Comment

Bowles, Givens, Leach and Francis - lots of goals from players in a great team,
      Likewise Gallen,Ferdinand and Goddard were of a similar time IIRC.

A good team will always provide goals, a good player can only do so much. Makes Charlie's goals in the Premier last season all the more impressive!
      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Gutted when we sold Goddard, apparently he cried his eyes out when we sold him, if we had kept those two together we would have won something for sure!
        Yep, that is the downside when you get certain fans saying "we want our Rangers back" - the reality of "our Rangers" was selling all our best players....

Thanks for the stats dsqpr.

Comment

Barker, one of the most underrated player we have ever had, hardly ever gets a mention.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

remember back in the day bowles , francis , givens , thomas and leach seemed to score all the time great players great times

Comment

I

I didnt realise that leach got that many goals in a one in five

ive seen all of the great goalscorers of modern times and trully les ferdinand was just miles in front of all of them

his current transfer price would be 40 million he could leap like a salmon

he could run life a cheatah

he could explode goals from his feet

and his arial supremacy has been amazing
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Wasn't it harder to score goals in them days aswell the goalie used to pick the ball up from a back pass lol
                R's

Comment

Gary Bannister 56 goals in 136 games (1 goal per 4.1 games) or 66 goals in 168 games! That's Wiki for ya. Two hat-tricks vs. Chelsea too

Simon Stainrod 48 goals in 145 games (1 goal per 3.3 games)

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                    Gary Bannister 56 goals in 136 games (1 goal per 4.1 games) or 66 goals in 168 games! That's Wiki for ya. Two hat-tricks vs. Chelsea too

Simon Stainrod 48 goals in 145 games (1 goal per 3.3 games)
                    Bah, knew I'd forget someone! Thanks blackmafia, I've added Gazza to the 50+ goals list in my earlier post. (I checked two sources and 56/136 seem to be the correct stats).

I did think of Stainrod (doesn't hurt that we have a poster with his name!) but as you saw, he didn't quite make it to 50 goals.

Edit: Many of the wikipedia numbers were for LEAGUE appearances only. I've updated my first post with all appearances and all goals. Stainrod was well over 50 goals in all competitions.
                    Last edited by dsqpr; 09-09-2015, 12:42 AM.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

You're all missing the single most prolific striker in our club's history....

Tom Hitchcock. 1 appearance (not even a start) and 1 goal. Take a bow.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                        Gutted when we sold Goddard, apparently he cried his eyes out when we sold him, if we had kept those two together we would have won something for sure!
                        London five a sides?
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I've updated the stats from a reliable source with the numbers for all competitions. Charlie is just behind Rodney for scoring rate but it is a race!
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            I've updated the stats from a reliable source with the numbers for all competitions. Charlie is just behind Rodney for scoring rate but it is a race!
                            Though I guarantee if Charlie had played in all the World Cup matches Rooney has, he would have scored more than "England's greatest ever striker'" one goal....

Comment

Working...
                            X