Loan deals AFTER transfer window closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan deals AFTER transfer window closes

My understanding is that Football League clubs can loan players IN for a few months after the transfer window closes but Prem clubs can't. S'pose that means we could still bolster the squad even after the transfer window closes on Tuesday.... could be useful if we lose Charlie or someone at the 11th hour.
    More encouragingly, this suggests that whoever is still here on Wednesday is likely to stay here at least until January. Can't see that likes of Sandro, Charlie, Matty and Leroy would consider a sideways loan to another Championship club and hopefully they'd just get their heads down and step up as key players for us over next several months.

Am not a big fan off loan players TBH. I would rather have our own players do the buizz, I really think charlie will be the only player moving on, no one will touch fer or sandro at the moment. WBA are favourites for charlie now they won't buy both even if they get 25m for Berahino
    You Rsssssss

Comment

I think they will all be here until Jan, I think the #### king has done Austin up, if we do lose anyone, I think it will be Phillips.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 loans in the squad. I get that Ramsey wants to work with players that we own but theres always a handful of decent players with prem experience who dont quite make the 25 man squad who still have a point to prove and willing to drop down a level.

It's only worth doing however if it's an exceptional talent like a Taarabt or Morrison for example or if you look at other clubs Bamford, Chalobah or Pritchard. Bent to Derby is another example of it working.

It's a blessing either way. If we can't secure our transfers before the window closes we can still make additions/replacements using the loan market.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
          There's nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 loans in the squad. I get that Ramsey wants to work with players that we own but theres always a handful of decent players with prem experience who dont quite make the 25 man squad who still have a point to prove and willing to drop down a level.

It's only worth doing however if it's an exceptional talent like a Taarabt or Morrison for example or if you look at other clubs Bamford, Chalobah or Pritchard. Bent to Derby is another example of it working.

It's a blessing either way. If we can't secure our transfers before the window closes we can still make additions/replacements using the loan market.
          And if that happens I guarantee we will be left with the worse off a bad bunch
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
          X