• Show
Clear All

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lyk3X-DhJvo

No lyrics, but at 1:00 there's our old logo on the telly
    You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Do you mean when Joe Strummer sings 'I never felt so much a-like a-like...' in the fade out? You know in all the times of listening to that, since it was first released, I never put two and two together on that. Good (London) call!

Yes indeed, I do. Jonesy got him to sing it but not complete it, so he wouldn't get the QPR reference.
      He wouldn't have sung it if he'd known. So Mick got him to make it echo...... (Source : From the horses mouth !)

Great init

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
        Yes indeed, I do. Jonesy got him to sing it but not complete it, so he wouldn't get the QPR reference.
        He wouldn't have sung it if he'd known. So Mick got him to make it echo...... (Source : From the horses mouth !)

Great init
        Ah, thanks for that mate, that's a brilliant anecdote. I am a massive Clash/Mick Jones fan, and I always say hello to him whenever I see him walking down Portobello Road. And like you I have a great pic with him, taken in the Weld after we got promoted in 2011!

Comment

Absolute class Boston Ladbroke grove & Roger Daltrey all in one video ....can't get more west London than that.

I don't think the Who ever had a song with west London let alone London in their lyrics unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
            https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lyk3X-DhJvo

No lyrics, but at 1:00 there's our old logo on the telly
            Good spot! That was the Blue Peter presenter who committed suicide in that shot no? Perhaps being a BBC show they were doing something about QPR. Can remember him being a great artist - in fact, I think he done Art Attack or something Art related on the BBC also

Comment

As well as all the obvious Pete Doherty ones I could talk about (check out him dedicating a song to Charlie Austin and Stan Bowles at Leeds Festival last night if you haven't already), here's a little known one, Pete Townshend released an entire record called White City: A Novel in '85, the track 'White City Fighting' mentions QPR! http://youtu.be/IYJuuRALcWs
              "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Look at 12 seconds in, on the black and white bass guitar:

I do believe the Bassist is a SuperHoop Gwaaan my son for representing. Shall be looking out for this band.
                Last edited by QPRNW9; 03-09-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Wendy james-Londons brilliant.
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                    Wendy james-Londons brilliant.
                    Nice! Very unique melody n'all

Comment

Just stumbled upon listening to GEORGE THE POET - a profound lyricist, poet and Cambridge Graduate, only to find out he grew up in NW10 Harlesden!

Has some beautiful snippets of Harlesden in this video also especially at 2:10 with the Harlesden Salvation Army building and The Harlesden Jubilee Clock.

Great to see NW10 in this light, and I can't wait to hear more from this lad!

Last edited by QPRNW9; 15-09-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

One of the sleeve notes on Ian Gillan's 1976 solo album, Child In Time, is "QPR doing well

Comment

This group is called WSTRN in reference to their West London upbringings.

Anyone know whereabouts in West London this is filmed in?

Comment

Here's one from one of my favourite bands, Killing Joke, some of you older posters will remember them from the early 80's, they are still going strong with the original lineup again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfaOOHRZc8
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              Here's one from one of my favourite bands, Killing Joke, some of you older posters will remember them from the early 80's, they are still going strong with the original lineup again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfaOOHRZc8
                              back in the day i used to go to youths from KJ's house in brixton ,he was going out with zoe " sunshine on a rainy day" , he had this party and had ecstasy punch to drink , he even had a designated E monitor so as party goers wouldn't over do it... top party

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                back in the day i used to go to youths from KJ's house in brixton ,he was going out with zoe " sunshine on a rainy day" , he had this party and had ecstasy punch to drink , he even had a designated E monitor so as party goers wouldn't over do it... top party
                                That is awesome, great story! I have met them all and interviewed them when I was doing a radio gig here, interesting characters! Youth produced the latest Pink Floyd offering btw!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X