Yesterdays thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterdays thoughts..

Attacking looking very good especially with luongo further forward. First midfielder I've seen look to beyond the striker in ages. Fer would need to really up his game to dislodge Mass.

Defence is a worry but I dont think you can directly blame the back four. We look shakey but thats because partly due to our tactics and the fact our holding midfielders haven't got the legs to get around the pitch. Faurlin on the ball is still doing his game which is great to see but it shows that he's had 3 terrible knee injuries. Henry for me only works away from home / in the prem. Only once when Ale slipped over, was he required to cover.

Austin scored 2 but clear as day doesnt want to play at this level. He's got to the point where he thinks and it shows, that he's above this level and to be fair he is right. He's playing at 50% but still banging them in. I can't see him signing a new deal even if other clubs dont come in for him. He will opt to go in january or on a bosman where next year he will get a excellent sign on fee.

Overall though I noticed green was oftenly opting to throw the ball out rather than kick it. Must be something Ramsey has noticed about Greeno's kicking. Think we've got a good chance if we keep phillips. But we need 3/4 players. One centre back, a CM who has an engine to cover the pitch and a striker to replace austin. If green goes we'll need a keeper but expect a loan to come in for a season as backup to smithies. Once Yun and robinson is back i expect we wont see much of konchesky who whilst he played well yesterday he wasn't really tested by the opposition.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

How long is Yun out for?

Comment

The first 20 mins we were poor rotheram should of been 1 nil up and had about 5 corners charlie decided to shoot everytime he got ball
      we were very attacking and deserved the win defensivly poor again
      R's

Comment

Strange but true that, because players also showed more for the ball in that period

Comment

Some of the play in the second half was a joy to watch but as we are QPR some was a little 'as you were'
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I have to admit for a 6 goal 'thriller' it was pretty mediocre yesterday, when that second goal went in I thought rotherham were there for the mullering but we just weren't fit enough
            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

I'll tell you something, Charlie yesterday looked on another plane of existence with some of his touches. He looked so good at times. Opening few minutes, thought he had too many shots that weren't good enough. When he started playing a bit more for the team, he produced a sublime performance. That touch for Chery's first was perfectly weighted and even better that he didn't go for the shot because the cross wasn't great from Perch (never play it behind the target man). Then his first goal was outstanding hold up and dribbling. Even had I think his best game passing wise with the players around him. If he stays, he'll do more than what Taarabt did when we went up as champions. The best part of that is that he will have an actual team around him doing things as well.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
              X