Chery and our 3 behind the striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chery and our 3 behind the striker

Surprised more hasn't been said about him today. Apparently he run the show yesterday and was a constant threat. looks a real steal at 2.2 mill. Looks a top signing imo.

Chery luongo and phillips potentially the best 3 behind a striker in the league imo. Going forward We are top 2 or 3 team. If Charlie goes we must replace him properly,though.

We will be good going forward its just the defence I'm worried about. Cant afford to go 2-0 down in games, need a quality CB over anything atm.

Comment

He was great and will get better once he can complete 90 mins, am surprised a premier club never came in for him. Well it's there loss and our gain
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        We will be good going forward its just the defence I'm worried about. Cant afford to go 2-0 down in games, need a quality CB over anything atm.
        Me too fordy. Top 2/3 attack with a mid table defence atm. Hall gives me more confidence I think he's pretty decent actually. However we need defensive aquisitions to really push us on.

Comment

Looks an absolute steal. Wand of a left peg and works his nuts off to boot. Him an Luongo look like they're going places.

Great signings for a club like us. WD Les Ferdinand.

Comment

Will get his first goals for us tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Will get his first goals for us tomorrow
              Glad westie you think he will get two or more... Damn I hope you are right.

Comment

It was interesting watching him against the Wolves, as I studied him closely. Lovely, enthusiastic player who wants the ball a lot.

In the first half, the whole team seem infected with the perenial QPR ailment - lack of movement. Nobody was moving at all, at times. Now, if Chery added this to his game (and aim sure he will), he would become a really special prospect imho.

Bytheway, an interestimg tactic (forced or otherwise) by Ramsey in the second half. Charlie moved back into the middle 5 more, leaving Luongo as the front man. Did anyone spot this ?

It worked well as Charlie's hold up play was excellent.

Comment

Top 2/3 team, lets not quite go that far yet.
                  We were poor against Cardiff, and barring 2 terrible goalkeeping mistakes, we probably would have lost at Wolves. Fine lines n all that.

Comment

got to admit one howler in a game is bad, two is just Thank you Mr. Martinez
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      Top 2/3 team, lets not quite go that far yet.
                      We were poor against Cardiff, and barring 2 terrible goalkeeping mistakes, we probably would have lost at Wolves. Fine lines n all that.
                      Offensively? Really? We look good on the front foot to be honest. Agree that we are easily in the top 2/3 for attacking. Think about when we get full fit players back and the squad stays as it is:

Austin
                      Chery--Fer--Phillips
                      Luongo--Faurlin

That is easily one of the best attacks in the league at the moment, if not the best.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Offensively? Really? We look good on the front foot to be honest. Agree that we are easily in the top 2/3 for attacking. Think about when we get full fit players back and the squad stays as it is:

Austin
                        Chery--Fer--Phillips
                        Luongo--Faurlin

That is easily one of the best attacks in the league at the moment, if not the best.
                        Agree. Thats a massive midfield at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Agree. Thats a massive midfield at this level.
                          It's potentially good enough one level up.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

On paper that is a top attacking line-up but lets see how it gets on against the divisions whipping boys before you get carried away about it.

Comment

Austin
                              Chery/Gladwyn--Fer/Luongo--Phillips
                              Luongo--Faurlin/Sandro

Any one of those combo's ON PAPER would scare the ever loving brown stuff out of any defence and set of fans in this division.

As i've said before, it's no good having players with all that ability if the coach doesnt know how to get it out of them or use them in the right way. We got a good result against Wolves, but lets not forget we all felt very differently after the Cardiff game.

If Ramsey does have that midfeild and front line at his disposal after the transfer window, then the pressure is REALLY on him to deliver. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                              X