No announcement yet.

Alex Smithies thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithies needs some time and support. Mentioned on another post he's just moved from the small northern club he's been a fan of and been with his entire career. He's now in London playing for what for him is a vey big club. The whole changing room is different with are massive footballing names in comparison to Huddersfield. On top of that he's backing up an international. It will take him time to adjust and build confidence. It starts on Wednesday and all he needs is some early confident touches and the backing of the fans that go.

Comment

Though he was much better tonight and made some good saves, two fantastic ones albeit the whistle had just gone for offsides. Can't blame him for the first goal as from my seat he had two hands on the ball and was fouled.

Comment

He done well, but I don't think he done enough to oust Greeno
        You Rsssssss

Comment

That will do for me. Very decisive in what he done no half measures. When he came to punch or catch he came whole heartedly, kicked the ball well and what I liked most gave the ball out quickly especially second half

Shirts his in my book

Comment

Thought he was great tonight. Green better step it up.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Thought he was great tonight. Green better step it up.
              Hopefully green don't get the chance to step it up

Comment

Ramsey absolutely has to give him a run now. It's only right. Green got himself sent off and cost us 3 points and Smithies done well tonight. Give him a run to help him settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Ramsey absolutely has to give him a run now. It's only right. Green got himself sent off and cost us 3 points and Smithies done well tonight. Give him a run to help him settle.
                  Gave him abuse for the goal but on reflection can't blame him as it looked a foul for sure. That save he made at the end of the first half I think was one of the best I've seen at LR
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Gave him abuse for the goal but on reflection can't blame him as it looked a foul for sure. That save he made at the end of the first half I think was one of the best I've seen at LR
                    From the header? Superb save.

Comment

• Looked quite good tonight tbf to him. Their goal reminded me so much of Green v WBA a couple yeRs back tbh, but after that he looked good and made a coup decent saves so fair play to him.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        From the header? Superb save.
                        Yea that one. Don't know how he got a hand to that. Also, his kicking wasn't too bad most of the time.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Looked quite good tonight tbf to him. Their goal reminded me so much of Green v WBA a couple yeRs back tbh, but after that he looked good and made a coup decent saves so fair play to him.
                          Nothing like west brim goal mate that's was green fault retreating behind his line but you right today's one looked a total foul. To rub salt in wounds Phillips jumps with there keeper last ten mins less contact then the goal he ref blows up for foul. If Phillips was a foul so was their goal

Comment

• Smithy was excellent tonight, could've been 3 or 4 down at halftime. well done son!!
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Then after being given the goal, smithies asks the ref for clarification and was booked. Hanley & Steele both go and question the lino second half, nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X