could matty phillips be our greatest ever winger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could matty phillips be our greatest ever winger

people keep saying hes useless on the left keep him on the right but the first goal came in as a cross from the left
    with the ball deliverd with his left foot
    his first goal came from a left footed strike,but his second came from a strike with his right foot,in a free kick situation he always uses his right foot
    so this player on his day reminds me of a player i used tro watch regularily for qpr

YES THE GREAT MARK LAZARUS

MARKY WAS OUR ALL TIME GREATEST GOALSCORING WINGER SCORING ABOUT 80 LEAGUE GOALS
    BUT I BELIEVE THAT MATTY PHILLIPS WILL SCORE 15-18 GOALS THIS SEASON EVEN THOUGH IM RESIGNED TO LOSING CHARLIE AUSTIN
    I THINK WE SHOULD KEEP MATTY NO MATTER WHAT BIDS COME IN BECAUSE HE COULD REALLY DO WELL BOTH HIS GOALS WERE GOALKEEPING ERRORS
    THESE DODGY GOALKEEPERS ARE JUST not AROUND IN THE PREM SO THIS SHOULD GIVE MATTY CONFIDENCE TO SHOOT ON SIGHT

so thats my thoughts
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

If Matt eclipses Dave Thomas then we will have a fantastic world class winger on our books, assuming he stays of course.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      people keep saying hes useless on the left keep him on the right but the first goal came in as a cross from the left
      with the ball deliverd with his left foot
      his first goal came from a left footed strike,but his second came from a strike with his right foot,in a free kick situation he always uses his right foot
      so this player on his day reminds me of a player i used tro watch regularily for qpr

YES THE GREAT MARK LAZARUS

MARKY WAS OUR ALL TIME GREATEST GOALSCORING WINGER SCORING ABOUT 80 LEAGUE GOALS
      BUT I BELIEVE THAT MATTY PHILLIPS WILL SCORE 15-18 GOALS THIS SEASON EVEN THOUGH IM RESIGNED TO LOSING CHARLIE AUSTIN
      I THINK WE SHOULD KEEP MATTY NO MATTER WHAT BIDS COME IN BECAUSE HE COULD REALLY DO WELL BOTH HIS GOALS WERE GOALKEEPING ERRORS
      THESE DODGY GOALKEEPERS ARE JUST not AROUND IN THE PREM SO THIS SHOULD GIVE MATTY CONFIDENCE TO SHOOT ON SIGHT

so thats my thoughts
      NO.

Comment

The more playing time he gets, the more he improves. Last night should bhouy confidence right up!

Comment

Oh how some have changed their tune on Matty.............

Comment

To keep it simple... no.

Comment

He played really well last nigh ted, but it will leave a bad taste in my mouth when he is sold unfortunately
              You Rsssssss

Comment

dave thomas

dave thomas was one of all time heros but so was andy sinton both these guys were brilliant and both played for england
                so we do have a tradition for brilliant wingers dont forget the great clive clarke he was yet another fabulous winger
                as was wegerle and adel tarrabt could be described as a goalscoring winger
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

He's got a long way to go to get anywhere near Dave Thomas, Thomas was just unbeleivable skill ,pace, always in the game if Phillips gets anywhere near what thomas was & acheived, we'll have one hell of a player,

Comment

I think Clive Clarke was a centre forward, do you mean Clive Walker?

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                      I think Clive Clarke was a centre forward, do you mean Clive Walker?
                      Clive Clarke was a left winger who played for us early 60's and then again late 60's. He was the dude who scored twice against us in the 1967 final for WBA. Colin Clarke was a centre forward though
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Matty Phillips on the wing wo oh wo oh

(Andy Sinton Song)
                        Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

What about Wayne Fereday?

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            Clive Clarke was a left winger who played for us early 60's and then again late 60's. He was the dude who scored twice against us in the 1967 final for WBA. Colin Clarke was a centre forward though
                            I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                              What about Wayne Fereday?
                              I was just about to post his name - one man and his tash
                              Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Working...
                              X